Missing update notes!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Faelen, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Faelen Active Member

Todays update notes are still missing!
    Mins likes this.
  2. Spiteful New Member

It's not like the read the forums or anything, lol.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

or it could be that they are just doing maintenance and there's nothing being actually updated.
  4. Faelen Active Member

5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Dexell's post :
    The US Servers will come down on Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at 7:00 am Pacific* for an update. The expected downtime is one hour. The EU servers will come down on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 5:00 am London*. The expected downtime is two hours.
    Update Notes are posted here Game Update Notes.

Sorry Dex, patch notes didn't make it. Any chance you can go wake up Bunji. Be nice, and take him a coffee ;) We need to know what got fixed and what got broken. :D
  7. Uberfuzzy Member

My plat is on they are patching in the last bit of E-Day content, so they can just live switchOn/spawn it at the right time, rather then have a patch day just to activate content
  8. Mae- Well-Known Member

Dexella's posts always say exactly the same thing except for the date and/or time change. =P It doesn't mean there will always be patch notes when she says there will be.
  9. Dexella Associate Producer

And this, kids, is why you shouldn't use templates. :)

Seriously though, I do apologize for the missing patch notes. I'm hunting them down now...

~Dexella
    Tylia likes this.
  10. Dexella Associate Producer

11. Estred Well-Known Member

Dankye for ze notes.
  12. Bunji Developer

My bad, I forgot to post them last night. Thanks Daxella for putting them up :)
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Can you answer my age old question of why the EU servers take twice as much downtime as the US servers?

Sometimes they're up after an hour, sometimes it takes two. But you usually say it will take two. But why does it take longer?
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've never understood it either. Not only do they have high speed internet in Europe, it's typically 2-3 times as fast as what most folks in the USA have access to. I miss my 30/8 line in Denmark. :(
  15. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Personally I like my 100/8 from the local cable company - and they cover 28 of the 48 continentail US states
  16. Dexella Associate Producer

Due to different processes, as well as communication between the servers in various locations (from here to EU), updates on the EU servers require more downtime to be scheduled in. In some cases, we are able to unlock before the two hours are up.
  17. Avianna Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.... The Notes on the Fuel Depot house Item are still not there.... another sad week for my crafters.... another week of hanging coal on the door and messing up my beautiful carpet..... /Cries:(
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

There are dozens of independent studies which have documented the actual (not advertised) speeds of broadband in the USA vs. Europe. 100/8 is not only NOT widespread, it's fairly rare unless you are on FIOS, UVerse, or some of the better cable out there. Most cable broadband is so pathetically slow that cities have tried to step in and provide municipal broadband, only to have the cable companies use legal maneuvers to protect their monopoly.

Tokyo, Seoul, and Paris get faster, cheaper broadband than US cities
    Study finds American consumers paying higher prices for slower connections.

North America Losing Broadband Speed Race: Former Eastern Bloc Scores Major Gains With Fiber

U.S. Ranks 24th in World in Broadband Speed @ Speed Matters

Average broadband speeds in US now at 6.7 Mbps

Slow broadband speed still a problem for U.S. - CBS News

Will Google's Insanely-Fast Kansas City Network Shame U.S. ISPs? @ Time

Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries @ HuffingtonPost
  19. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Feldon - coverage by 1 cable carrier of 100 meg in 28 of the 48 states is impressive to say the least, where ever they supply service the 100 meg is a option in the 28 states. 30 meg is their entry level bottom line tier for speed. most of those articles that you listed are pretty much out of date with the way technology changes, at least one of them is from Febuary of 2011

Sorry but the carrier in question is a stock cable provider - not verizon or Uverse (which in the majority of cases is worse then DSL depending on the distance your dmark is from the vrad). the only compariosn you give that is vaguely accurate is the one concerning google fiber and that is in such a limited distribution that it should not even be considered as viable at themoment
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Bleh, it makes no difference on EQ2. I use a wireless 2-5mb connection to play on a euro server from Australia and I rarely get lag unless it's server lag.

High speed is great for streaming movies, for EQ2 it's overkill. I remember playing eq1 on my 56k dialup that disconnected you every 2 hours. Even that was ok apart from the disconnection bit.