missing resources

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Femi, May 6, 2022.

1. Femi Member

after the crashing on 5/5/22 i continued doing my harvesting quest on Averie.

1/ did harvesting in Tenebus Tangle, the resources for trapping could usually be done on main island but I had to travel to other islands to get it done. this was competition of resources as I was the only one there.
    2/ now in KP, i traveled up the trail for lost valley and only saw 1 ore. and one limestone.
    3/ it 3-4 hours to complete the trapping and that is no joke

Femi
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The quest often took days to complete one section way back in the day. The randomness of the node spawns in the old world zones have always been what you experienced. You just have to know where else in the zone to look. Tenebrous' other islands have dedicated node groupings to them. Tons of trapping dens around the ravasect island where the zone to Barren Sky is located.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

I have complained about this for years and there have been improvements in some areas. But Denmum is stretched pretty thin, right now, so we will probably have to wait a bit for her to clean up some of the problem zones that still exist.

It's really a shame because it is a bunch of small issues, like all the nodes disappearing for 15 minutes, that start wearing on a player and can eventually lead to them quitting the game. These time-wasting quests worked, back when the game was young, but people get tired of it, after awhile, and move on. And it is especially hard to put up with when it is old content, but necessary for crafters to complete, so we have to grin and bear it or move on. It stinks.
  4. Femi Member

1/ been playing for 17 years I KNOW where to look for resources.
    2/ yes they had about 30-40 nest in the upper part but today they had 1/3 of that.
    3/ just ran thru Obulus not 1 resource.
    4/ thanks Almee what you say is true. I am talking about missing resources totally.
    Almee likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand you are talking about a resource-bare zone. I've been in that situation all too often. I've been told it is just an aspect of the respawn process but that doesn't hold water as computers don't need 15 or more minutes to respawn resources. I once waited a half hour for a zone to respawn before giving up and watching a movie. It is very frustrating and discouraging.
  6. Femi Member

7. Tkia Well-Known Member

That mechanism is in place precisely to redistribute the nodes and alleviate the problem you're complaining about of everything stacking up in a little known area. Just because it's old content isn't enough to justify the 'give me everything I need NOW' button that you keep asking for instead of making some effort.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Then why aren't you doing tier 8 trapping and mining in Kunzar Jungle where there are plenty of nodes that respaen quickly enough to rarely leave you without one to harvest?
    Hartsmith and Almee like this.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

Actually, that is where I do the Harvesting Obsession quest. But there have been times when there were no nodes of one resource showing up despite flying all over the zone. I checked for others in the zone and I was the only player there but it is possible someone cherry picked right before I zoned in. The resource did finally respawn but I had to wait a bit.
  10. Femi Member

because I have a lot of toons. Many are 125,120 range, some not. every toon i raise up, I do the Harvesting quest.
  11. Femi Member

I knw it takes time for repopping of the nodes but 4 hours in the zone I go back to the 1st island, and it is no totally repopped. I just went thru obulus and well that was definitely unpopulated. next im checking jw
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Obulous Frontier from the KA expansion?
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, how does any of that justify harvesting in a less than optimal location?
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Obulous Frontier would be unpopulated since it has no normal nodes.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah, but even with the prerequisites to be able to see the nodes there, they weren't exactly abundant
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to fly all over the zone to do Gathering Obsession in Kunzar. Go to the druid ring and you have mining, trapping and gathering in plenty just by running a circuit around the mountain. If you're high enough level you can even go through the mountain which is full of mining nodes. And wood is plentiful in a virtually no agro area outside the Sebilis gate.
    Hartsmith and Twyla like this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, Tkia, that is what I do but it doesn't always work out that everything I need is available which is why I end up flying all over the zone to see if it is spawning somewhere else. In EL, for instance, if resources aren't available in one part of the zone they usually can be found in another part. That wasn't the case with Kunzar, a few times. I've had it happen with other zones as well. When it happens, it is aggravating, as others have said.
  18. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Honestly sounds more like the case of overlapping with another player harvesting at the same time but just ahead of you so that you miss out. This happened to me just a couple days ago on Vesspyr. Perhaps going to that area during a different time of day/night might help?
    Breanna likes this.