Missing NPC

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Oberrill, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Oberrill New Member

Cordelia Galeston is missing from the Butcherblock Docks for one of my characters. I have already finished her quest line and need to buy advanced recipes from her. She does appear for my other characters who have also finished her quest line. Unfortunately Sony has made recipe books no trade so I cannot buy what I need with another toon.
    I have logged in and out several times and also traveled back and forth to other zones. This has had no effect. I also tried /Cordelia Galeston and using the H button on the keyboard but that also does no good.
    I can also see other players talking to Cordelia exactly where she should be standing. Obviously she is not at the top of the hill where she was standing when I finished her quest line.
    If anyone has an idea how to make her reappear, I would much appreciate the information.
  2. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Look above the docks in the settlement.
  3. Oberrill New Member

Not there. That is why I said she is not up on the hill. Also she is at the docks for my other characters who have also finished the quest line.
    "20s can buy from Cordelia Galeston on BB docks after doing quests." Line from a tradeskill tutorial. She is supposed to be there. I bugged this while playing, but I have no idea if anything will be done about it.
  4. Oberrill New Member

Strangely, she is now on the docks even though I have not changed zones or logged out since I was last on the docks. I had already given up on seeing her with this toon. I have no idea what happened, but I sure like it.
  5. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Sometimes NPC do tend to gain so much weight, they drop below the floor.

This is a strange long existing "feature" that is too hard to nail down.

A work around, try tabbing until you get the npc's name then hail. or type /target npcname then hail. If both does'nt work... come back later, stay in the zone, move far away and come back, or zone back and to until npc is there.
  6. Oberrill New Member

I tried tabbing several times but it never grabbed her even though I could see other players speaking to her. I also tried /Cordelia Galeston and hail but that did not work either. I might have done that incorrectly. I typed /Cordelia Galeston and then hit H. My character said Hail, but nothing happened. I tried asking the guards too. They said they did not know where she was.
  7. Terakenil New Member

First, make sure you are standing in front of where she normally is.
    Type this command: /target Cordelia Galeston
    After you have done that, type /hail
    The same thing happened to me with a different NPC, this method helped a lot.