Missing items from multiple toons homes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mori, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Mori New Member

In the last 2 weeks I have submitted atleast 4 petitions to daybreak about missing house items, even walls, floors, ect. I have been sent a message someone would get back to me. No one has, but somethings were returned. This morning when I came in atleast this toon that I know of has had her house messed with again. Can anyone please help me. This is not only frustrating but makes me feel very foolish.

Morighana
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the walls and floors that are part of the original house, then it sounds like your computer is having trouble loading the game assets. Are you using the streaming download?

Have you had the launcher do an asset check?
  3. Mori New Member

I have done that again but I also did it once before when this first started. Is there a further step we can go.
  4. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

You see them as missing, but are they listed as missing on the items tab? Or if you have saved a previous layout, and then save a new one, compare the lists.

Which homes are having problems? In Gorowyn and Antonica T3 halls, anything sunk into the floor has a tendency to disappear. Freeport house walls are notorious for glomping anything partially buried in them. Qeynos ceilings like to pretend they are not as high as they look. Kelethin houses are just annoying all around.

Streaming the game does make the issue worse.
    Mori likes this.
  5. Mori New Member

I believe that most of stuff...while lol definitely not in same place has returned. I have had issues in both Good and evil areas. Neriak and Everfrost most noticeable. So much stuff has gone missing and been returned that you know, I don't think I could tell you anymore if everything has been returned. So here is too hoping :)
  6. Mori New Member

What do you mean by streaming? Sorry not so good with all the lingo
  7. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

The game has two download options. Full, or streaming. When it is streaming you will see a little dragon running in one corner, that is the visual indicator. Streaming allows you to enter the game right away without waiting for a patch to download, but it sucks that time, and more, away from you every time you zone anywhere, especially a new place. Full download pulls and places all those files at once in the beginning. This is when you are waiting for the gold bar and the play button. There might be some delay in a new area as everything renders, but that happens in streaming too (only you might be stuck at the loading screen for so long you never see that part).

On the launchpad, on the left end and above the gold bar is a button that looks like a gnome left it behind, click that for advanced tools. The window it changes to, there is a list on the left, click on Select Game Version. In the box on the right, above the Apply button is a check box for Full Download. Put a check there, then click apply. Go make some tea, or visit the bathroom. Come back, click on the Play button

In the world, most art is set to load as one piece, it never moves, rarely changes, so is coded as one bit. This is why open areas load faster. After the base art comes the fiddly bits that change seasonally, then the NPCs, etc... In a house, other than the original art, everything is a single, and separate, item that must load. Streaming struggles with houses big time. All those things that may have a machine playing catch up rendering even on a full download on a decent PC, will make it cringe and cry during streaming, and if your machine is older, or not as beefy? Sometimes those files get visually corrupted and never load properly. They may be there in the PC's mind, but the game did not cough them up.

Oh, and if you tilted something to true 90 degrees, it becomes the spawn of hell and will taunt you for your folly.

This is where the lists are important, is the item on the list? When I decor a place that can be finicky, or sometimes has lots of the same items in it, like the dividers, I also carry an item unique from every other item in that build. So if something poofs, usually because I lowered/sunk/raised it too far and dropped it. I place that unique item on the spot I expected the lost thing, just set it on the floor. Then I save the layout (darnglompeddivider) open that layout in Jesdyr's tool (I love that thing, get it), find my unique item, and then look for the thing I lost which should roughly be at the same coordinates. Just because I cannot see it anymore, does not mean that the game does not think it is there. Jesdyr's tool has a neat little function, a check box, that lets you put the errant thing into the moving crate. I check that, as I usually prefer to hand place things rather than try to math them into place, save the file, then reopen it in game. The poofed piece is in the crate for me to swear at it again.

Now there have been times, Usually in an acorn, where I log in for some reason above the actual geometry of the house, and find all the missing bits floating up there, in which case I just pop them into the crate, then jump to land in the build proper. No clue why that happens, or how to force it.

New if you need detailed directions on mathing a house, or Jesdyr's tool, I suggest asking Jazzabelle if she will have a class soon, or go poke at her website for some easy instructions on using the tool.

Bottom line is that the items are in the house, you just cannot see them.

Good luck!
    Seefar, Katz and Finora like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

This made me laugh. I fought for days with a ceiling I put up in the Everfrost Summer Home. It was just in one room. All the rest played nice, but that one room half the ceiling would disappear every time I left the house. That check box in the layout editor saved my sanity I think. :) While one can always collect and item from the regular house menu, it's so much easier to ID the one out of place with the editor.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

In one guild hall, (Freeport T1 style) on the bottom floor in between the two rooms it acts really weird for me. The room on the left as you are looking down the stairs will have rugs or floor coverings flick into view and out. It drives me crazy. I played around with it and layered things on until I could cover it and it would stay in view.
  10. Mori New Member

Thank you for this option., it is truly appreciated. I will get it downloaded and hopefully things can return to a little closer to normal lol. ;)
    Spindle likes this.
  11. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I would rather wipe @5% to a raid progression mob several times over than try to properly decorate my home(s)! I envy you all!