Misconceptions about the Berserker Class

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Theyne, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Berserkers are Chain Class users in EQ1. In EQ2 we are Warriors that are Offensive. So that means we are Heavy Armor users. Vanguard armor falls under that category.

We can use any weapon except for Monk ones. The best weapons though in the long run will probably be 2 handers and Dual Wield.

We are Offensive Tanks. We are not just DPS even though we do put out some nice DPS. We can tank with the best of them. We can also use Tower Shields if need be. The only difference between us and Guardians is they have Defensive skills that make it so they can take more damage then us in the long run, but on the flipside we can do more damage then them so it kind of evens out.

We have a lot of nice skills that help buff the attack and attack speed of group later on. Our berserk skill that you get with Focus Rage really is a nice skill. It ups our attack speed and damage which helps us to be the offensive tanks. By the way yall will love Blood Rage ;).

All in all though Berserkers are a fun class. Groups will learn soon enough that Berserkers are great additions to them and hopefully soon people will get over their misconceptions of what they think the Berserker class is and what it really is. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kelgrym Guest

Well, seeing as how warriors can use Bows, I'm taking that as a guarantee that Berserkers can.
    What about the availability of dual weapons?
    My last concerns :)
  3. ARCHIVED-xEruuhrx Guest

are yous ure about the armor theyne ? not that i dont trust you but i , like many in my opinion would like to play berserkers , but the armor confusion is quite anoying.

did you got any official confirmation or so ? ) thanx !
  4. ARCHIVED-Zzik Guest

I am a Berserker and I am currently wearing plate armor.
  5. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

We are Heavy Armor wearers.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ryutsuba Guest

My question re: Berserkers (as my Warrior is now almost 14 and I'm planning to make him one) is this... what endgame and/or raid-level group role do you guys see the class filling? I have this icky feeling that I'm going to end up being a Guardian who does 25% more melee DPS but isn't wanted in groups anyway because Guardians tank better and Scout-classes deal more melee DPS.
  7. ARCHIVED-bittani Guest

Forgive me for being stupid here maybe everquest2.com is out of date but.
    It clearly states under the archtype section of the site.
    Guardian use: Plate, heavy and Vanguard
    whereas
    Berserker use: plate and heavy only
  8. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Vanguard became Heavy Armor also. Its just a different look of armor over plate (which is heavy also.)
  9. ARCHIVED-Zade_Po Guest

" I have this icky feeling that I'm going to end up being a Guardian who does 25% more melee DPS but isn't wanted in groups anyway because Guardians tank better and Scout-classes deal more melee DPS."

Zerkers provide a different type of buffs to the group than Guardians do. If you want to look at it in a raid situation, a Berzerker might be grouped with the scouts to add to their attack speed etc.
  10. ARCHIVED-Imperator Guest

Berserkers wear plate, not vanguard. As I understand it the differences are mostly cosmetic. There stats are very similiar, if not exactly the same.
  11. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

As I've said plenty of times before ;) We can wear Vanguard. I'm wearing Vanguard atm because it was a drop in Edgewater Drains. ;) So last time I'm going to say it. We wear Vanguard also! ;) hehe
  12. ARCHIVED-Telemak Guest

can't argue with a guy that's wearing it :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

I am also a zerker and wearing it. Have had people on other boards saying that I was wrong cause the manuel said so. Both the manuel and website have not been changed for months, and many changes happened in beta. Both are out of date and inaccurate.
  14. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

I am wearing it as well, was pleasently suprised...I just hope we dont lose Vanguard here in the coming months.

I am still not sure how we compare to other Melee Dps..but if we are close Id be suprised if we kept plate/Van.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wolfherz Guest

Are you sure ? I thought we are limited to Kite shields ... but I admit I never tried a tower shield in beta.
  16. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Well atm my Tower Shield skill is 125/125 at level 25 so just going off that. Myself I don't have any Tower Shields to test that with ;). But seeing as we have the skill I'd take that as a yes. ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Wolfherz Guest

Thank you. Fascinating another limitation they took out.