Fixed Internally Mischief Managed: Duty and the Beast

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Nightchord, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Nightchord New Member

While completing Mischief Managed: Duty and the Beast, you have to craft a "Live Capture Net". It is the only tradeskill quest item in the game that requires and adventure level in order to use it. I am level 3 adventure level and after I craft the live capture net, I am unable to use it. I get the message, "You cannot use this item because your effective level is too low." The level requirement on the item is 20, but the text is green, which indicates that it is checking my tradeskill level and I passed the requirement. I've completed more than 550 tradeskill quests on this character and the Mischief and Mayhem line is the only one left to complete. I don't want to level my character to 20 adventure right now, so I thought I would post a bug report as it appears it is not working as intended.
    Forestchild likes this.
  2. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I can't understand players saying they are still low level adventure with high level tradeskill, when you start to do the tradeskill quests, you gain adventure XP, when you discover "locations". Mischief Managed quests are the Cobalt Scar areas correct? So that is the 95 levels. you should be level 30-50 from discovering. Unless you COMPLETLY disable the Adventure XP. Which I don't understand??

I know you can go up to the PoP land, and take ONLY the Teleport pads, and get 30 levels from the achievement completion.
  3. Nightchord New Member

I know it sounds a little odd, Forestchild, but that's what I did. At level 3 I turned off XP gain. I've been playing the game for so long that I'm ready to play it "for the last time." I named my character, Everyquest, (which was available for some reason.) I decided to do all the tradeskill quests and all the tradeskill shiny quests before starting adventure quests, just to have them done and to help manage my backpack space.

I'm retiring in May and want to try streaming as a retirement gig. Sometime in the summer, after planning things out a little, I'm going to start the adventure quests and try to keep my level throttled somewhat to do quests while they have color and without mentoring. In the meantime, I'm making a spreadsheet with every possible thing I can find to do in the game and will use it to track my progress. I made a one person guild, so that the guild hall will only contain the objects that one character can find in the game via questing and faction. It will be a showcase of the lifetime work of a well traveled adventurer.

I'll betray several times in the process (like in Feerrott, where opposing factions have their own quests,) and even worship each deity just to get the quests. I will scour the game looking for quests, (even all of the scrying stone quests for my archetype, which might be about as fun as those catacomb tome quests) and I imagine it will take me a few years. But the farther we get away from the original Shattered Lands content, the less the game is about adventuring and more about being done. Quests used to be like a field of spider webs and now they are a single chain, so progress will be a little more adventuresome in the beginning and more lock-step and conformity later on.

The thing that motivated me to post to bug report is because of streaming it, I figured if this level requirement on the quest item is an oversight, they might fix it and it would make planning my streams a little cleaner. Otherwise, it's not that big of a deal and I'll do it when I get to level 20.

If anyone is still reading this post, you might be a candidate to join an alliance of players who are up for doing the same thing, because doing every quest sometimes requires more than one person to overcome game mechanics. It's not too late to start the challenge! Just start a guild and get a cup of coffee. :) I didn't intend for this to be a recruitment post, but I guess I'm not really recruiting, since the guild will remain closed for purposes of cataloging adventures via quest reward items displayed in the guild hall. I'll put a post in recruiting, not recruiting.
    Forestchild likes this.