Misc post about the Necromancers and EQ2 in general

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Xxithsiss, Dec 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Xxithsiss Guest

First of all let me say "I am sorry" if this should be split across several message boards, but I'm lazy and as a necromancer and the majority of it being necromancer things and this being my favorite/only board I check I thought I'd post it here. K

First off.....wwooooooohoooooo Sony

Thank you, I am having so much fun I have to thank you for providing the entertainment.

Now on to the reason I am posting.
    I have read many posts on many boards about Necros (summoners) complaining about the necro pets/spell line up and get many tells in game from fledgling necros about the EQ2 necro compared to EQ1. So I will post for those people that are looking at the game and wondering or those that may be having problems with their character so far.
    This is EQ2....man that needs repeating....this is EQ2. If you are looking to play an EQ1 necromancer then go play EQ1.

Can we solo...YES
    Can we group...YES

Soloing in EQ2 is not as effective as grouping, however. Loot is practically non-existant. Yes, you get merchant trash to sell and no one to lose it to in the lotto. However, spell drops are almost nill (and by that I mean in 33 levels I have found 1 camp that had spell drops and I am sure it was an error) and armor/weapons you'd use by that level do not drop.

I solo when I'm waiting on a space in a guild/friend group or when I don't want to bother with people (ie may be going afk, have had a bad day, etc) and can do so very well. If you are looking to use the necro to farm items or get level 50 quickly think again. Play a necro cause we rule, not for the personal advantage you think they may have.

BUGS:

Oh man, you knew this was coming.

The game is in its infancy...bugs happen...Deal With It.....

DoTs/Spells not having icons in the "timer" bar (left side by default):
    Blight
    Withering Affliction
    Ghostly Visage

Misc Bugs with Spells:
    Swarm of Rats removing all effects from MOB when cast
    Ghostly Visage when it fades removes character graphic...now on this I am torn..on one hand it IS a bug, but on the other I really only use it so it will fade..then I am this imageless dagger..like the shadowmen in EQ1 (also if you /showhood to have hood on while it is on and then /showhood when it fades it will show your hair and robe but no feet, hands, or head....also if you change robes (yes i have a couple) after it fades it will show robe but no body parts at all)
    The level 30 DoT lifetap...have never looked at it twice so forgot the name....BROKEN!!! man give us something here...the first lifetap genre and it doesnt work at all
    (I could include "pet dancing" but that is a zone pathing problem more then spell problem.)
    DoT stacking is a problem...not so much now (my friend is a conj) as it was earlier, but still each player in a group should be able to do his potential...give us the love on this one.
    (Ill edit and add later as I think of things..its early and I'm feeling *****)
    Grasping Bones has no cast animation other then the typical black cloud at the necro's feet (also the cast time on this seems overly long for a short duration stun)
    Withering Affliction needs to have its cast time reduced for group play...it takes so long to cast that the MOBs are 1/2 to 2/3 HPs befor eit goes off usually

Suggested changes I'd like to see from a player perspective

The tank pet - this is big to me as I love my pets and play a pet classss in every MMoRPG that I have ever played (AO had a nice setup)
    If you arent going to give the necro a tank pet after Undying Adherent...at least, at the very least, let it stay in comparison to our level (ie of equal level). I dont care if I get a new graphic, cause that it what the new pets amount to....but do not remove our ability to effectively use our pets.

Have a qeynosian sewer area for those of us in Qeynos guilds (yes flame me if you want, but my friends are qeynos and I am a Necro...only necro) or at least give us a black market dealer of guild status like the broker.

Blah im tired I'll write more later =P

Criimson Nightsky
    Lavastorm

Oh yea...hiya all my necro brothers and sisters....keep the faith the other classes only wish they were necro and fear to try

*edited to add other things as I remember them*
    Message Edited by Xxithsiss on 12-16-2004 07:13 AM
    Message Edited by Xxithsiss on 12-17-2004 01:01 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

Excellent summary, thank you.