Miragul's Planar Shard - Item Quality

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx, Sep 23, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-madhatr Guest

Looks like a patch is on test to increase teh stats on the loot hope they swing to far into the awsoem side liek they allways do and we end up with loot better then yekisha . How do you get hard mode, or is easy mode the clicky items from the heroic zones?
  2. ARCHIVED-arksun Guest

[IMG]

Not to shabby guys .... very nice warrior weapon ... vp one has more riposte / proc but higher spread with 2 riposte and okay proc is pretty good.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Took a peek at the upgrades on Test. Some of the upgraded pieces are nice now.
    Now we just have to wait and see if the zone got toned down.
  4. ARCHIVED-schizolic Guest

considering this is a new zone, and the mobs are supposed to be harder than druushk, the axe should be better than the claw, id say add in power, slashing, and make the proc aoe and we would have a winner.
  5. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

schizolic wrote:
    It is better, unless you really care about that extra 3 riposte chance, in which case I'd suggest a shield
    Honestly, like most people, I expected the loot to be insanely overpowered when I saw they were upgrading it. That looks fairly well balanced? I mean yeah, the mob is harder than Druushk I guess, but it's not a difficult mob by any means.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I still prefer the claw. I'm dual weilding to maintain aggro and tanking x4's, the 3 riposte chance does more to make up for that shield block loss.
    If for some reason I was a warrior dual wielding and not tanking, I'd use the axe.
  7. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

Some of the upgrades look ok. I am curious as to which mobs drop which patterns, but with the intended dificulty of the zone I would have to assume that only forarms, gloves, hats, and boots would drop in the zone?
    With that said, the Superego set is situational at best. It is hard to give up set bonuses for these items. The Temporal Bludgeon now has 5MC and 2MCB on it, but I think it would be much more useful if it was a fist weapon to get the riposte adorn on it as it is very likely that no one but a braweler would really want the weapon.
    \aITEM -1950366370 -344374835:Glacial Sleet Cherub's Drape\/a Had a stun proc added to it, which seems useless coming from an epic encounter, some other sort of proc would seem like a better fit for it. At least it got an upgrade I guess...but sadly the cloak mob in Munzoks is even easier than the mob that drops this cloak and the Munzok cloak is better even before the set bonus.
    \aITEM -1364629923 -1325638838:Icy Prison\/a No upgrade, it still only has 3 deflection chance
  8. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Just an update for you folks.
    The difficulty of this zone is getting toned down slgihtly. More specifically the level of the mobs and the crit chance of the mobs as well as some small tweaks to the AE effects that some of the bosses cast to make it a bit less painful. As you guys noticed with some of the changes above the items were also closely looked at and adjusted to fit the intended difficulty of the zone and taking into consideration the quality of items from similar zone with same difficulty.
    You should see these changes do live as soon as we can get them in.
  9. ARCHIVED-arksun Guest

Gninja wrote:
    If you tone down the health, levels, and AE's then I think most of this loot is fine for the zone 100%. We have cleared it on easy mode 3 or 4 times already since release and wouldn't expect much better from it.
    Really intrested to see the loot from miragul and the harder version of moonrunner.
  10. ARCHIVED-shadowgate Guest

So how tough is this raid really supposed to be compared to other TSO raids? What where the devs aiming for? Where would it fall in progression; especially now that it has been tonned down?
  11. ARCHIVED-Argyuile Guest

I'm glad we moved to the long times between updates so we could get everything fully tested.
  12. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

You can now compare a number of Miragul's Planar Shard items today vs. how those items will look after tomorrow's Hotfix: http://eq2wire.feldoncentral.com/20...ar-shard-armor/ Mostly armor pieces gained Crit Mit (seems that Swift Frostlink Coif mistakenly has +8 Crit Chance instead of +8 Critical Mitigation). Others gained a bit more spell damage or a proc.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Holy moly, most of that loot is now actually worth a damn.
  14. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Thanks for taking base off of avatar items and making my avatar bp unwearable vs my set bp, good job on adding base to a bunch of instance loot also.

keep up the stellar work guys
  16. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

17. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Froggleg@Nagafen wrote:
    Miragul's Menagerie, which is the "easy" version of the boss.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Let's kindly remember that personal attacks make the dark elf cranky (even with a fresh chai in hand) and steer away from them, if you please.
    Thank you!
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Gninja wrote:
    \aITEM 1014861936 -1849987806:Temporal Bludgeon\/a
    Any chance you can upgrade the spread on the brawler offhand to be more in line with TSO offhands (230ish) and perhaps add some sort of defensive proc like maybe 500 mit or something like that? Looks like you made it to be the tanking offhand which is great because we need one, but it could use a little something more as since we can't riposte adorn it its lacking a little.

Also, you made it so we could adorn our fist weapons with a riposte adorn yet the two most recent off hands we use the Vortex Hammer and Temporal Bludgeon are hammers, whats up with that?
  20. ARCHIVED-Darchon6 Guest

Despite recognizing the problem with the quality of loot in Miragul's Planar Shard and responding accordingly, the majority of gear in this zone is not an upgrade over pre-existing instanced loot, even when compared to items from the previous expansion pack in some cases. For example, I would not consider using Swift Frostlink Coif over Manipulator's Hood from the protector's realm with its +1 extra double attack chance, much less the TSO set hat for every scout class. At this point, every raider capable of clearing miragul's planar shard has their set hat, making this item entirely meaningless. Crit mit exists solely for the sake of progression with TSO raid content and should not contribute to the overall "quality" of an item at the expense of other stats.
    Also, what is the logic behind limiting the green stats (hp, power, str, agi, sta, wis, and int) on offhand weapons? This issue applies to every weapon found throughout TSO, not just those from MPS. Every weapon from TSO raid instances should have a minimum of +400 total hp / power (250 hp and 150 power, for example) and +125 to statistics (50 str, 50 agi, and 25 sta, for example). Offhand weapon stats are gradually degrading over the course of time as new content is released when it should be the opposite...
    +20 str alone on crystalline blade of the tracker? Please--there's much better stats on T5 offhand usable melee weapons.
    /rant off