Mid Content Loot.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

So mid content gear isn't really enticing/an upgrade for the difficulty.

If you loot at gear from underfoot depths it's not an upgrade or is hardly an upgrade given the difficulty
    [IMG]
    On the left is miraguls' charm, on the right is master yael's.

Torrent 3 does around 600 dps in encounter combat, not worthy enough to give up bonus range to blast of devastation or the reuse. The .8 potency, and the casting speed are negligible when i'm already over 200% casting in raids and have upwards of 500 potency in raids once confront fear/procs are accounted for.

[IMG]
    Here is once again x2 weapons versus the yael weapons.

Yael weapons have no reuse making them next to useless for everyone, the wand of amahn-prime is best, then staff of tripping, then the enervated mythical for every mage.

Solutions/Suggestions? Make sure pot/abmod/crit/cast/reuse is on every weapon/charm in underfoot depths, make toxic tempest, torrent, mystical havoc, and the other silly damage procs not count as a blue stat.

Another note is that specific weapons/shields/ranged/belts/charms/cloaks are missing crit chance, this makes all the items in that slot without crit useless for majority of classes because they can't reach cap crit chance.

Good stats:
    Potency
    Ab mod
    Casting Speed
    Reuse
    Crit
    Dps
    Haste
    MA

Not so good stats:
    Accuracy
    Strikethrough
    Spell double attack/Flurry
    Max health/mit increase (except on tank pieces)
    Block (If only mobs didn't have 100% strikethrough!)

The way ability casting speed/haste converts into spell double attack/flurry makes any item with those two stats itemized as an equivalent to haste or casting speed at a disadvantage.

Please take a look at loot, as it currently stand I can run library and get better loot than the new hard mode instance.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

I 100% agree with that post. What's the point in doing the content if there are no rewards that you would equip?

I can't agree more with:
    1) Crit chance added to items
    2) Trash procs not counting as a blue stat
    3) Top tier loot this expansion isn't top tier loot without reuse and crit chance, otherwise its not an upgrade and is trash.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    TSO ring has 5 blue stats, and transposition for a total of six.

The ring of the aquatic protector is from underfoot depths and has four blue stats and spell skills (lol) which is itemized as a blue stat, same with wildfire.

I also forgot to mention items don't have resists and it seems that resists is being counted as a blue stat? Yet resists/mitigation is broken on this server and seems to do nothing after the soft cap so everyone is just wearing your six blue stat/no resist gear basically to get more stats.

The incoming damage difference between someone with 30k resists and 15k is fairly negligible in the incoming damage averages between players on an aoe. It seems like you either die or live either way.

[IMG]
    This is the exciting loot we got for completing the hardest instance in game, Zxrath's. It's kinda silly to kill a hard mob designed around players in raid gear to drop gear that is worse than TSO items.

The wrist is from 3 rune theer, which is easier than this zone. The ring is from a zone my paladin can solo, and the belt is off a last tier raid boss.

Suggestions? Add blue stats to every item in this zone, follow the above stat layout suggestions, the procs aren't very good but at least add a few items to make the zone worth the challenge/worth doing.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Fervor is also a slap in the face as a equivalent blue stat, there isn't a single scenario that 0.2 fervor would be equal to a stat like 3.3 reuse or even ability mod.

Please remove it from your itemization scheme unless you plan on giving us amounts equal to the other stats, 0.5%-1.0% for rare items would be more appropriate.
    I would prefer if you just gave us small amounts of crit bonus on this gear instead of adding fervor. If you did that to every item it would make your loot in this zone enticing and not let as seen above, tier 1 mark of manaar gear be best in slot.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Hunter's items are really bad.

The wand has no crit, no casing speed, and four total blue stats one being 0.3 fervor. I guess it's cool for a scout maybe? You can see the TSO hunters neck has six blue stats, all three types of skills plus two effects on it. In comparison the belt/ranged pale in terms of stats.

I'd add casting speed/dps mod or aoe auto to the mage belt, give it a better proc/effect and make it all classes, the ranged should be changed to a bow/wand and have crit/mod/pot/cast/reuse/dps/haste/magical/offensive skills on top of the proc.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

This thread is pretty much the number one reason people quit playing.

It also will never get a response.

Which only pours gasoline on the previous.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Further explanation of the casting speed to spell double and haste to flurry, and why the itemization scheme is incorrect in how it equals stats to one another.

At 200% casting speed(100% over cap) you get 7.5% spell double attack.
    This means 13% casting speed is = 1% spell double.
    You give us 10% casting speed per item which is = roughly 0.8% SDA.

From 200% to 400% it's half that, 0.4% per 10%. It isn't until I reach over 200% casting speed that your equivalent stats start to math out correctly.

Items only give 0.5% SDA as an equivalent to 10% casting speed.

Solution? Consider giving 1.3% SDA per item itemized that gives items spell double attack, I know it's higher than the conversion but casting speed also increases how fast your spells cast, and mobs do have casting speed debuff's. So i'm always going to prioritize casting speed over spell double in your itemization scheme.

Same with flurry, items give 0.5% flurry, yet items give 25 haste.

At 200% haste conversion begins (100 haste over cap) will net you 6.8% flurry.

Which means 14 haste = 1% flurry, 25 haste on a item means you're getting roughly 1.5% flurry per item itemized with haste instead of flurry.

Your items only give 0.5% flurry as an equivalent to 25 haste.

Even at 300-500 you're getting roughly 0.5 flurry per 14 haste, which gives you more flurry than the way it is itemized at the moment.

Solution? Give 2% flurry per item that you want to equal to haste in the itemization bot.

I don't believe that ability doublecast should be itemized as scouts auto attacks are already extremely high. Assassins/rangers/beastlords and even rogues with as much ability double cast as mages can reach spell would be demolishing the parse in every scenario.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Maybe I should dumb this down for our DBG friends.

While everything Birds has layed out is very accurate, the impact on game play comes down to doing new/harder content doesn't result in actual rewards, the changes he is proposing fixes that problem.

When Underfoot is not giving loot that is an upgrade, there is a significant problem.
  9. Chrexx Active Member

UD gear is the biggest problem, but the same thing goes with other things in the game at the moment:

1. SF Hunter's Union Quest gives rewards that aren't worth spending 45+ hours grinding. The items don't compare in the slightest to the TSO reward, or even the RoK one for that matter.

2. Signature quest & heritage quest gear rewards just aren't worth actually playing and doing the quest. If you do normal quests in stonebrunt you'll get better gear.

3. Fused Runes of El'Erad - this is a collection quest that is extremely difficult to complete, and yet the reward (Fused Runes of El'Arad) only has 4 blue stats, less ability mod than quested charms, a damage proc that barely does any dps. Given the effort required to obtain this item, it should have a bigger impact so people actually want to run zones to finish the collections.
    Atan likes this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Agree on all 3, and glad they left the TSO NPC in, cause it is a far better reward to run it over SF Hunter, and at this point you can find a few people willing to PuG guk3, when during TSO, not so much.