Mid betrayal

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Chrysar, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Chrysar New Member

Hey all, I am a returning raider dipping my toes into the game again & 5 yrs ago I was leveling up my prov mystic out to help the guild, now lvl 41 mystic but 70 prov. but for the life of me I cannot remember why I was betraying into a defiler, with the recent changes what is preferred in raids now? Still in haven ATM so have time to change back
  2. Seiffil Active Member

Both are desired still, so it's a little hard to go completely wrong. You can betray back and forth now though without much penalty other then time, If you betray from mystic to defiler and then decide to go back to mystic, whatever spells were improved before you betrayed, are still going to be improved at whatever level you had them at on your mystic.
  3. Chrysar New Member

thanks Seiffil
  4. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I currently raid with a Defiler, and like that so much better for play-style than a mystic. I just don't LIKE the melee clerics and shamans (shamen?) There are others that swear by Mystic and wouldn't be a Defiler if you paid them.

I suspect you were betraying because 5 years ago Mystics were a very weak, terrible class. If you were helping your guild out, you'd naturally want to be a Defiler - which has always been a very strong healer. That has changed completely with the advent of AA's and you might very well want to stick with Mystic.

If you are halfway through the betrayal, I'd say just finish it up and see what you think. If you end up not liking it, the betrayal back doesn't take all that long (anymore) and it's a good bit of xp and AA, as well.