Not A Bug Merely Sated Weapons Quest buggy

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Elgo, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Elgo Member

Our group did not find a parchment in dozens of h2 and h3 instances. Some of us looted the desert weapons early in the add on and did not know what to do with it so we put it in the shared bank.

Later on two of us lootet some of the motes and in the beginning we did not find out what to do with it. Later on i we combined a weapon with the mote and the quest startet.

We now have to find a parchment in the most dangerous dungeons but unlike other groups who find more than one in a zone, we doe not get any update in about 100 zones. Maybe the quest bugged through looting more motes and not using the first one.
    Darkloner, Taliss, Aakla and 7 others like this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

It's just pure rng. Like the spell drops, you can run zones many many times and not get the drop while others run fewer and get it. Fun isn't it?
    Tsunomi likes this.
  3. Abandonada New Member

Same problem with my Desert pareched Weapon. I first had one that I could not attune but got the Motes. Afterwards I found a Wand I could wear and converted it to a Merely Sated Wand using one of the Motes I accumulated in the meanwhile.
    However, although doing lots of H2, no parchment drops in our group. BUT: as soon as people from our group did H2 in other groups, they got their update.
    I think, collecting Motes wihtout being able to use them bugged out the quest and as soon as I'm in the group no parchments drop. I destroyed all Motes I did not use and gave the non-attunable Desert Parched Shield to a twink thinking that having these items in the bag/bank possibly caused the quest to get stuck. Still nothing. Luck? Bug? Who knows...
    Tsunomi and Rocker like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't pay much attention to solo instance drops, so I made me some ACT calls to give me a heads up.

<Trigger R="looted the Legendary .aITEM .*Desert Parched.* ..a" SD="epic weapon drop" ST="3" CR="F" C="Renewal of Ro" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Mote of the Regrowth" SD="epic weapon drop" ST="3" CR="F" C="Renewal of Ro" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Parched and Dry Parchment" SD="epic weapon drop" ST="3" CR="F" C="Renewal of Ro" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Tsunomi likes this.
  5. Rocker New Member

Did you ever get your update? I still haven't got my parchment to drop to advance the quest.
    Darkloner and Tsunomi like this.
  6. Mint Loot Meddler

The item in question is dropping to players as expected. If you are having trouble completing a quest I would suggest reaching out to the community for help.
    Tsunomi and Twyla like this.
  7. Neilzz New Member

I had this problem of not getting the parchment for well over 2 months (likely 3). I too had 2 merely sated weapons for some time in my bank waiting. I did delete one - still no drop for over a month (this may come into play, it may not).

Then I finally got so frustrated cause everyone else was advancing quest so I deleted my 2nd weapon AND the quest (yes, the quest).

Upon zoning (may have been logging) the quest returned.

I did an h3 zone (not sure if it also works with h2) and literally the VERY first zone we cleared the parchment dropped. (Maybe random on this part, but waiting 3 months was definitely not random and was definitely bugged)

I used DBC to "undelete the weapon"

Far from ideal but knew a lot of people that had this problem until they did similar.
    Tsunomi likes this.
  8. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Unless the items not dropping was the intention then yes indeed the system is broken. This is an unacceptable answer honestly. At no point should players have to work around the system in order to compete a questline, that by definition, is broken.

The mearly sated weapons questline was a flop since its inception and should be scrapped and removed from the game. It has never worked properly and only those few lucky players have been able to advance the quest.
    Darkloner and Tsunomi like this.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

Yes, having multiple weapons causes it to not drop as far as I can tell.
    Tsunomi likes this.
  10. Izztaccia New Member

Is there any chance we can up the drop rate for the poor people who still need those Parchments? - As everyone just wants to run Contested for Shinies there are way less groups running H2's and motivating friends to run with you gets harder and harder ^^
    Darkloner, Tsunomi and Zargara like this.
  11. Neilzz New Member

Despite my prior post this needs to be looked at AGAIN. While I was able to successfully obtain mine after months back in may by performing the steps in my above post, this no longer works or the drop rate for this is just so ridiculously stupid that the devs are missing the facts behind it. We have members of our guild that have been running these zones for like 6 months now and still no parchment. It may not be bugged accoding to them but its definitely not acceptable.

Please strongly consider reopening this and significantly adjusting the drop rate at this stage of the game.
  12. Zargara New Member

There must be something that I did to not make the parchment drop that has bugged me specifically. I have done everything there is to do to make it drop and it hasn't for 7 months.
    I had 2 weapons and deleted one of them, then later deleted both of them and the quest.
    The quest repopulates back in your journal after 30 seconds at the same spot you left off. I can't even start over.
    I made sure all players in my group had no motes, desert parched weapons, extra merely sated weapons in their bag's banks and shared banks.
    I have spoken to Mint and CS about this, and no one will even look at my toon to see what the problem is.
    I have read every post on the forums and Discord about the matter.
    I have spoken to many people on the Skyfire server about it and they think I am bugged at this point.
    It is likely now I will never get to finish it because it's hard now just to even run groups to do H2/H3 zones.
    Please consider not doing this type of quest series again. At this point I have given up focusing on it.
    If you want to take a look, my character's name is Zargara on Skyfire server.
    Darkloner, Shwetty, Spankz and 8 others like this.
  13. Uncle Active Member

if it really is actually droping like you saying them maybe maybe triple check the rng chance of the drop cause truthfuly it appears that it is extremly too low and should be increased bigly
    Darkloner, Spankz, zominus and 6 others like this.
  14. Tenedora New Member

I got my weapon and mote early on this expansion. I weekly ran H2s for months and no drop. I asked to make sure that I did not forget a step in there somewhere. I am now in a group which has 4 people who need the parchment. The mote dropped but no parchments. So I am guessing that is over 8 months of trying.
    Darkloner likes this.
  15. Taliss Member

If it's RNG someone has misplaced a decimal point or two. From what others have said it does seem to be buggy but even if not please consider upping the chances. If we got the parchments tonight it would be extremely tough to complete before the next xpac comes out and you know when it does no one will be doing old content H2's. So please take a look at this and give us a chance to finish this quest.
    Darkloner likes this.
  16. Darkloner New Member

I too cannot get the Parched and Torn Parchment to drop. It is beyond frustrating with the expansion coming out. The step we are all stuck on seems to be one of the easiest parts of the quest. Not a bug. smh