Mercs

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Puck, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Like many of you, for a while now I've been using Jennis(Pally) as my Merc. And why not? He rushes in, aggros the entire dungeon, tries to tank, tries to heal, and dies. :p No really, he's pretty decent (just imo an idiot compared to the SK Merc with lesser function). I really like him as far as "good-aligned" Mercs go.
    Lately I have seen more casters dropping the Tank Merc and going with Healers. What are people's opinions on that? Is a Conjy more effective with a healer at his back rather than a tank? And if so, would you grab the Templar or Warden?
  2. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Yeah, a while ago I was running with the pally. Total failure. He can tank - sometimes - but he was almost squishier than my mage pet.
    I'm now using the Inquisitor merc because he's pretty fast at curing and can dish out some decent DPS. I've tried the templar merc before and was rather disappointed with his reactions and performance in general.
    I can't comment on the warden merc since I never tried it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Yea Ive heard good things about the Inquisitor. But also the Warden. Someone else told me the problem wasnt the tank, it was the Pally, and suggested I use the Monk. I'm gonna tinker with a couple of these this weekend.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

In most cases, I have no troubles solo healing my pet. In these situations I like to bring along either a DPS merc, or if i'm soloing I also like to grab the Trouby merc
    I haven't used a healer merc in quite some time, but pre-lvl 92, while soloing, I think either the Templar or Inquis merc is the way to go.
    When there's a real healer in the group, or if i'm soloing on my Fury, I use the paladin merc. The main reason is because he seems to hold aggro like a champ!!! I can go full DPS, give it everything I got, and that paladin merc will still hold aggro off of my Conjy. All the other tank mercs, even my Fury will rip aggro off of them easily (except for the SK). I prefer the Paladin over the SK because the Paladin does have LoH heal for those "oh crud" moments, also, he can rez :)