Mercs should always give the highest level unlocked/owned merc buff

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Gematria, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Gematria Active Member

Hey.

I would love to see the whole Merc buff reworked, so no matter what Merc you have summoned, you will still have the highest tier merc buff that you have an unlocked merc from.

So say you have a level 20 Anitquitas Merc unlocked, but want to use Kenny as your merc, then you would retain your Antiquitas merc buff because it is your highest tier merc buff unlocked.

Would be fun to finally see a bit of diversity in mercs instead of just the same 1-3 mercs :)
    Solid11, Twyla and zzmax929 like this.
  2. Ndiar Active Member

The amount of coding change to do that would probably be prohibitive. Advocating for an appearance slot for mercs like for mounts and familiars is probably our best hope. I have an ultra rare merc from a long time ago that I would love to be able to have visually be my merc.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  3. Solid11 Active Member

I always thought that DPG is shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing players to enjoy whatever merc they want to use. They are locking you into the latest and greatest merc for the current expansion, so why would anyone want to buy more mercs.

I would be inclined to buy more mercs for cosmetic reasons, but Noooooooo. I'll just have to use the final researched merc until the next expansion releases. A YEAR FROM NOW. Sure is fun looking at the same merc day after day.

"They have new sweet looking mercs on the market for sale you say? No thanks. It's treasured and a coercer, but it sure looks awesome. I can't lower my battalion buff for cool looking mercs silly. The min/max police will come and arrest me."

I have no incentive to buy more mercs off the store or use dropped or rewarded ones. For one they are inferior to the current expansion's celestial, and B, it's still not feasible to level up more than one merc in today's game. Think about all that revenue you are throwing away DPG by keeping players locked to only the newest and best merc from the current expansion. Not smart business.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  4. Gematria Active Member

Both works i guess. As long as the merc uses the abilities of the "appearance merc", which is my whole point.

There are some interesting rare mercs out there that have some interesting special abilities that would be nice to use and add a bit of flavor to the game.

I don't necessarily think one is harder to code than the others, but I wouldnt know for sure. End result we want is the same i reckon :)
    SolarFaire likes this.