Mercs and thier skills/buffs issues.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chillies, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Chillies New Member

So, I have been wondering this for awhile now.

How and what determines a mercs buffs to be applied to the correct people? Example, my Paladin has Amends, but I would like to guide him as to who to put it on.

Healing and warding priority seems to be out of whack also, my Merc can have less HP then the entire group yet he heals/wards someone else who is almost full health. Not only that but there seems to be a very great deal of time before they reconize that certain people even need healing/warding.

Ressurection is buggy at times, sometimes they won't rez people but will continue to perform every other skill or action required.

Is there any commands that will allow me to force the Merc to buff certain targets, set up a healing/warding priority list and force it to rez someone please anyone?
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah on the rez issue. I can be lying there dead, with my merc staring at me, and he won't do a rez.
    And then there is the casting of a protection from fear and control effects almost always after we finish the combat.
    Sooo useful that one is in Skyshrine....
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I love grouping with a caster, he has a pally mercenary and he puts amends on ME the 95 PoW geared Guardian. It's just funny watching as I pull 20 mobs and that poor merc just squashes himself by stupidly putting amends on me, it just made my day and the caster I was with lived to boot.
  4. OverDoze Member

love when mercs go threw the floor agro an entire field or castle of mobs all los and stuff and then you cant heal him in time or the mob kills you its glorious then i started to not use mercs so my mystic would survive better mercs ai is so dumb it makes life challenging
  5. Chillies New Member

So I am not theo nly one experiencing issues with Mercs.

I take it there is no /commands to force them to cast thier buffs on certain people?
  6. Lamatu Active Member

My experience with the Paladin merc is whoever you tell him to protect in the drop down menu is who he puts amends on.

If this works correctly the merc will say in group chat that amends is on so and so. I also know the Paladin merc casts Sigil every 10s to generate most of his hate.

For any merc who rezzes you should put your merc on passive and off assist as the quickest but not always reliably fast enough way for him to rez if he was in combat before.