Merchants Den Heroic II - Gratified Merchant

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Taled, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

This is not a 'huge' deal, but is more of a minor annoyance for people who missed out - Some folks I informed about the gratified merchant after they had run the instance who did not know of his existence when they ran the zone attempted to go back in to see if they could find him and purchase the one time bag, and despite the merchant being long gone because the zone spun down, the message from him still triggers when you enter the room. I zoned in to my old instance to check and saw the same. (See image below)

I'm not sure how you could make the existence of the merchant more obvious - if I hadn't been watching track for the silken threads, I probably wouldn't have noticed the merchant myself. My group members didn't know it was there, and no one noticed any messaging from it in chat, though I assume there was some. This specific messaging ONLY seems to trigger when you get close to his location in the corner, and not when you actually kill Arachlord Dyrraga, looking at my logs. I made a trigger for it, but the messaging should probably trigger when the named dies, and stop when the merchant despawns.

[IMG]

(<Trigger R="That was very brave of you! I need to leave soon, but I can offer my services in the meantime." SD="Use the merchant!" ST="3" CR="T" C="The Merchant&apos;s Den [Heroic II]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" /> for folks who want it)
    Rargo, Twyla, Jinksie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

(For what it's worth - My suggestion would be that the gratified merchant should move to the middle of the room around /way -236.74 -5.01 112.37 to make itself clear and obvious, instead of standing hidden in the corner where it was stuck in the webs waiting to be eaten. Both to make it clear to the players it exists, triggering its messaging, and for its own peace of mind getting it away from the torment of its capture as it collects itself. lol)
    Twyla and Bludd like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If someone could get screenshots of the merchant's wares and post them, it would be much appreciated!
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

I believe it's going to be different by class - \aITEM 1445547022 962305701:Goody Bag: Limited Supply\/a is the item he sells, but it has a different 'filling' per class I think.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Aethos Well-Known Member

They should probably put it on the center of the back wall instead of off to the side in a corner.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that would put it directly behind the zone out portal, which has its own complications.
  7. Chrol Developer

She’ll be moved closer to the middle of the back wall. If you were to look back at the exit portal, she’ll be in front of the column just to the left of it. I also shrank the exit portal and pushed it back further. There should be enough separation between the two so as not to accidentally click the portal instead of the merchant.

Also increased the range in which she’ll detect your presence and speak to you.
    Jinksie and Taled like this.
  8. Nutari Member

Why dont you made it that the npcs arrives through a portal in the middle of the room after defeating boss so no problems.
  9. Chrol Developer

That would completely remove the nostalgia of the distressed/gratified merchant!! (Should have surrounded her with orcs even though that wouldn’t have made sense here.)
    Rattophaxe, Breanna and Taled like this.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

they could be vorcs, vamprie orcs
    Rattophaxe and Breanna like this.