Mercenary Rankings

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vexil, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Vexil Member

Is there anywhere that has a breakdown of the mercenaries and how powerful they are?
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

It depends what you want out of them.

Werner Thunderleg is my choice for tank. It's a monk with a huge Amends aggro siphon.

Gathering Goblin effectively full heals the group every time it hits something.

Claz'zakla is decent DPS (no merc is great but it's passable).

Also keep in mind that you can reforge and infuse merc gear. You will want to level the mercs so you can fill all gear slots. You can get their POT/CB up pretty far which makes a big difference. Consider getting their Reuse/CastingSpeed to cap, and reforging Hate Gain for tank mercs.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's a nice information about goblin :) its good that I took this quest
    From what I have seen (take with grain of salt)
    For tanking I like Zhurgus - he doing something that keep mobs locked on him when you body pulling like 10+ mobs (perhaps healer agro?) - fat orc is durable really is (while back even before x-pack he tanked for me heroic trash in GU100 Zeks no sweat)
    About DPS - I do believe that sarnak ranger do better then others (Marty) but it does require some augmentation :) (namely CC adorns) and kxm lol mythical arms are particular useful as well. Bad thing about Sarnak it suppose to be a healer as well (warden I guess) but his healing ability very weak on same level as Raffic (read sucks)
    As Entropy said - casting speed/re-use should meet cap

And I am really looking forward get in day or 2 goblin to see how good (or bad) he is
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Updates
    Goblin definitely THE best - at level 1 of goblin you get from start
    His buffing is insane for merc and so his HP even at level 1
    He indeed almost CHeal with every hit (hmm accuracy/strike through adorns for him?)
  5. Observing Active Member

The gardening goblin is good for healing.
    However Zugrus does more damage.
    The goblin does about 24M DPS and Zugrus does 40M+ DPS
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

what about the other mercenaries, the ones specifically for heals, like Perrin?
  7. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Perrin does not heal much - he prefers to nuke when I need him to heal: I swear by Zhurgus. the cures are helpful as well as the reactive and nuke heals. He can also put out solid DPS.
  8. Dedith Well-Known Member

Goblin is decent for healing, unless you need curing of any sort.. then you're out of luck. If someone else is running a healer or healer merc that can cure, I'll use the goblin. Otherwise I'll use my Krivok Honorclaw from CoE CE.

(edit: for some reason I had the wrong one.. his brother is a pally)
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

If they equally geared and same level? (not like for me +-16M would make any difference lol)
    I like Zhurgus for different thing - he do timely res if it needed and he cast verdict rather often :)
    What I noticed thou if I do solo PQ (aka no healing outside) - Zhurgus won't keep me alive no matter how hard he try (Fens) while I am in feral stance, goblin on hand doing it no sweating. I am not sure about Zhurgus but Goblin benefit so much from Pot boost (those 1k Pot accolades from Spire :D))
  10. Udonn Active Member

The pot on our mercs don't add to our pot, do they? Only asking due to your last statement.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nope its independent - all I am saying I was really surprise to see massive increase in damage/heals of my goblin once I gave him 2 accolade of stardust (+1.1k Pot accolade from Spire)
    To clarify difference between goblin healing and Zhurgus healing
    Zhurgus is inquisitor for all mean and purpose - he does cast healing spells, curing spells (and do damn good job at it!), rezzing you if needed and do what ever DPS it do ...
    Now Gardening Goblin is completely different beat - he is brigand but he does healing proc (that unlike merc autoattack affected by Pot he have). Not to bragging rights here but I seen my goblin at level 2 heal me for like 2M per hit - to elaborate even more - as long as you can hold off mob for a least 3-4 second before it deliver lethal damage to you goblin (providing he have enough Pot/Accuracy/Striketrough/CC) will able off-heal that damage. Its not like it let you solo something you would not do otherwise by any other mean but it make it a lot easier
  12. Observing Active Member

Speaking of potency, does it affect merc hostile abilities yet or are hostile abilities of mercs still fubared? They were hitting for less than their tool tip values, and I am not talking about during a PQ...
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

They not but AFAIK best way of boost merc DPS in load him with as many as possible critical CHANCE adorns - and while mercs not overall produce much DPS - Sarnak-ranger can clock in 40ish M DPS
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

I run with the Goblin when I am on my Conjy - I love his heals. With the self ward and his heals I have no issues. Someday I need to stop being lazy and redo all his gear. When I am on my Pally I use the new ranger merc. I do like to level them all.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I have currently leveled up Zhurgus, Sarnak and in progress of leveling Goblin. So far I like most goblin (for pure healing capacity - places where I normally had to flip on spiritual now I can handle in feral with goblin on my side) - curing not an issue with been alchemist :D