Mercenary Noftu from LON loot card

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wingrider01, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

So defilers don't have single target cures? You wouldn't know it by Noftu.

"Player" Inquisitors have a lot of fast cures because of the myth buff, I don't see myth buffs on ANY of the mercs.

He does seem to be as good as the Gorowyn merc , which iirc is a defiler, and that is worthless.

Waste of a loot card, imo.
  2. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

No both are cars, where you are comparing two different classes for thyt the comparions would be a Yugo to a honda goldwing to be more accurate, what you are compariing is a plate wearer (inquisitor) to a cloth wearer (defiler) in the main tank role -
  3. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Unless you paid for it, it is not a waste, the merc is working well when mated with a pallie that claimed him as soon as it was available, at level 50 now and doing fairly well.

Why would you assume that they would allow "myth" buffs or any of the better abilities on a merc? It has been stated time and time again that they are not meant to be at player caliber - comapring them to a player run class is not logical nor valid, you want player class caliber then group.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Right now he doesn't seem to be casting wards, heals, or cures at all. That makes him a waste. The only thing I see going off is his always on 'buff'. on a little further inspection he may cast his single target ward every 5th or 6th fight, its hard to tell without ACT.

He doesn't put "Invective" on me or him.
  5. Epixz Member

If he seems to not be casting ward heals or cure why dont you instal ACT to make sure of that instead of making assumption?
    Why not post a parse of a long fight so that the dev could see how to tweak him instead of just complaining in a noneconstructive way?
    By the amount of complains in this thread wich in the first page were he s hard to get (read cost me a lot of money in LoN) so he should be out performing everyother merc. A merc obtain via LoN that would be better than anything you can get ingame would be pay2win...
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

Don't forget it is very hard to open all those packs and wait for th loot card popup window to show up, then after that still no instant gratification you have to redeem the thing THEN go /claim it in game. :rolleyes:

I feel a reply incoming about ACT though, one that claims that you shouldn't have ot use 3rd party tools to play yadda-yadda.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I play on live, not test.

And for Lempo, if ACT is required to play the game it's basic functionality should be included with the product. :cool:
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I don't know, he is beast with my baby level 60 warlock!
    but I just lucked out during frostfell when they had the week of daily LoN frostfell packs to open, I got a choose-a-loot card the first day and picked the merc!
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

What about unattuners? Weren't they available at some point of time through LoNs? Was it true? They were available through goblin's tickets. Got 4 myself. So it's pretty much pay2win... I am not arguing just curious... Frankly i don't even care about mercs.

But we surely have few nice items that can be obtained from Market place. Nice but a bit sad...
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

I knew it.
    ACT is not required to play the game, ACT allows you to play the game at a higher level.
    You can confirm that ACT is not required to play the game by loading the game and playing it on any available system that does not have ACT installed.
    You can crate chat windows that have the information go into them that you need to see and pay attention to them.
    Face it the big blaring red text that they put on the screen isn't a big enough hint for some people.
    There was even someone that couldn't figure out that the red text that warned of a dragon's BREATH attck meant that they might not want to stand in front of it, they actually posted that they were not sure what to do to avoid the breath from the red text warning.
  11. Estal Well-Known Member

It should be obvious what is going on with the defiler merc regardless of ACT, simply put, defilers have a group ward with a cast time of like 3 billion years, the merc obviously doesn't know when to cast it / not cast it / cancel casting it in relation to cure ability recasts / aoe timers.

And no, ACT is not the evil twin of Satan, its merely a nice tool that presents information available to everyone in game in a easier to read format.
  12. Estal Well-Known Member

Meh can't edit post any more, anyway, I've done a quick test wit Noftu just for fun.

Test setup:

80 Paladin (average gear)
    78 Dirge (horrible gear)
    47 Warden (joke gear)
    Pally + Dirge mentoring Warden
    Warden + Dirge did absolutely nothing during entire fight except stand around afk
    Pally used nothing but def stance + auto attack during entire fight except for on inc to ensure aggro
    All healing / curing was left to Noftu
    In order to have the fight last a while I chose Seraph of the Stags, 47x2 in Everfrost, (so white con epic named, tank and spank encounter, no special scripts, but anything other than wiping still proves even Noftu is overpowered as hell)

Result? Mob died, Noftu did his part and health on tank never dropped below yellow.

Full uncensored log file for importing into ACT available here: https://hotfile.com/dl/196463867/9c0624e/eq2log_Naokaji.txt.html
  13. Epixz Member

Bam just proving that noftu is doing his job and that all the complains in this thread are basically "a waah i paid to win and i m not receiving full benefit."
  14. bsod Member

i went to the first name in Chelsith:AV i used my pally and my roommates mnk with the warden and 1 other healer merc. i would do 2 pulls and FD with the mnk at 50% on the first pull and 33% on the 2nd pull. all the fights were 5 to 6 mins long. i would just auto attack with both toons and heal only as needed. after the 2nd pull i changed out the healer merc. the only merc that let me die was the templar my deathsave went off in both fights and i had to start healing.
    heres how it parsed out on hps
    CoE warden vs CoE templar
    pull 1 warden 4977 HPS templar 1882 HPS
    pull 2 warden 5545 HPS templar 2017 HPS
    CoE warden vs SS Inquisitor
    pull 1 warden 3446 HPS Inquisitor 3982 HPS
    pull 2 warden 4522 HPS Inquisitor 3326 HPS
    CoE warden vs regular mystic
    pull1 warden 4728 HPS mystic 3548 HPS
    pull 2 warden 4841 HPS mystic 2769 HPS
    CoE warden vs regular defiler
    pull 1 warden 5061 HPS defiler 3263 HPS
    pull 2 warden 4861 HPS defiler 3563 HPS

i can post the logfile if u like but don't have the time right now. hope this helps
  15. Bhuh New Member

The purpose of hiring Stamper is to keep you healed when soloing.
    The purpose of hiring Noftu is to keep you healed when soloing.

I don't see what's wrong with ColdMetal's comparing them based on their ability to heal.

Your first question was asking for details about this merc. What could be more relevant?

That question was answered. He heals like a punk. What other question did you have?
  16. bsod Member

add 2 pulls with perrin
    CoE warden vs elite furry
    pull 1 warden 4802 HPS furry 2982 HPS
    pull 2 warden 4527 HPS furry 2919 HPS
    i did a 3rd pull adding the player who had perrin as dps this was a full kill
    pull 3 warden 8030 HPS furry 2167 HPS
    the furry will spam single target heals while the warden will spam group heals i think with another player the warden would top 10k HPS not bad for a merc..
  17. Black Sun New Member

How about this case?
    CoE warden vs regular warden
  18. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Look again - I was looking for suggestions and details (NOT how well they do or do not work) on the class to match it up with that was all, it degenerated into the mess that you see now, in two pages of replaies there is absolutely nothing that even partially relates to my original request, don;t really care anything about the arguement of what mercs can and cannot do, will judge if he "heals like a punk" on my own.

"Anybody have any details about this, I got one in a card pack I bought, the details are slim, just that it is a Deflier, not even sure what class to match it with, was thinking either a paladin or a sk."

where exactly in that quesiton do you see anything about asking how the mercenary performs? If I wanted to know that would have specificly asked. Details = what spells do they have so I can research it on my own.
  19. bsod Member

CoE warden vs regular warden
    pull 1 CoE 4104 HPS regular 4846 HPS
    pull 2 CoE 4543 HPS regular 4364 HPS
    they have the same stats everything from CC PoT CB AB mod sta wis power HP resists etc all. the only thing the CoE warden has over the regular warden is 2 added spells a low dmg stun and a no dmg interrupt. i will also note the warden has massive power issues that the other mercs don't. on any of the 33% tests the warden was around 10% power the other healer mercs even the furry was at around 80% power. the spells cost the same on all the mercs and seem to be on the same timer. both of the warden are bugged and lack the in-combat mana regen the others healer mercs have.

one a side note it seems the healer merc script will cast single target heals on whoever has hate on what your fighting first even if that person doesn't always need it. sometimes to the point of letting another party member get to red health while healing someone who never even got out of green health. the heal scripts seem to override the ward/reactive scripts too or the scripts are broken . some mercs are scripted better then others when it comes to healing..in fact when stressed
    the archon was casting his group reactives,group heal and single target heal.
    the templar never cast a single reactive or group heal casting only his single target heal.
    the mystic never cast a ward casting only group and single target heals
    the defiler on the first fight was casting single target and group heals on the 2nd fight he added a single target ward
    the furry cast 2 single target heals and rarely it's non-HoT group heal
    the warden uses it's small group hot and it's single target hot spell
    it seems other then the archon and a little bit the defiler they didn't even use there best abilitys to negate the dmg or heal.
  20. Gideon Member

they allow endline aa abilities on mercs, so why not?
    the dirge merc has a rez ,its not a myth buff but its one of the more useful dirge aa lines available.
    kicker is the dirge merc has the ability at level 1, where as a player you cant get it till much later in game. not sure why it highlighted some of my post like that wtf..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.