Mercenary Frunk a Shadowknight Support?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Frubar, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Frubar Member

Mercenary Frunk has shadowknight abilities (located in Mahngavi Wastes). The Mercenary Battalion: Dwarven Battlerage (Support).

The token icon shows a stringed instrument. Is Frunk supposed to be a Troubador or Dirge? Or should the Mercenary Battalion be a Tank and not Support?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All the mercs this time have the same buff.
  3. Frubar Member

Thank you. I see that all 3 mercenaries have the Battalion of 'Dwarven Battlerage,' however Frunk has (Support), Bellika Dollietanka has (Tank), and Forlorn Harbinger has (Melee) after 'Dwarven Battlerage.' Wouldn't that make them different buffs?
  4. Frubar Member

Last expansion 3 mercenaries have the Battalion of 'Reign of Shadows,' however Doomhilda Painface - berserker has (Tank), Daharth Bisidia - shadowknight has (Tank), and Captain Kalael Kel'Avar - inquisitor has (Healer) after 'Reign of Shadows.'

So for (Reign of Shadows) the shadowknight has a (Tank) Batallion and for (Visions of Vetrovia) the shadowknight has a (Support) Batallion and a different token icon of a stringed instrument. Just looking for consistencies.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

The buffs were changed with this expansion so that they all give the same benefits.

As far as the class vs battalion buff title, it doesn't necessarily have to coincide, as you see with Frunk. Their individual abilities also don't necessarily tell you what 'class' they are on the code side. It could be confusing for players who don't look at the actual abilities on the mercenary, I agree, but you're always better off looking at what they can cast rather than what the battalion buff says they are at any rate.
  6. Frubar Member

Ah thank you for the expansion info. I'll have to check their abilities for a good comparison.