Mercenary battalion buff supposed to accumulate?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chath, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Chath Well-Known Member

From the recent news post on mercs I inferred that the buff isn't supposed to have its value calculated from the single mercenary you have summoned, but be a total contribution from all other mercs of the same era/season. Is this behavior working for anyone? As far as I can tell, the only thing it seems to total is the singular merc that's summoned. I have a half-dozen unlocked mercs over level 5 with the shattered lands buffs, some of them of the exact same type/era, but the buff only seems to track the currently summoned mercenary. From the post, I'm guessing this means the intended behavior isn't working.

Additionally, potency (and possibly fervor?) does not seem to be used for mercenary cast spells/abilities, though it works for their procs.
    Udonn likes this.
  2. Tabri Well-Known Member

Im confused by this as well. Is the battalion buff a total of all buffs from the current region(e.g. Shattered lands, or BOL) and of all current mercs you have from that region or are they supposed to be separate per merc?

I have two BOL mercs unlocked and one is level 18 the other level 5 when I call them out they only give their own stats to the battalion buff separately. The way the battalion buff is described in the description though is like it works like a green adorn where any mercenary from the same region gives to the battalion buff and the stats all show up in it and/or stack?

Clarification would be nice.

Note: Also Grolla states 30% increase in hp I was at 296 million Im now at only 299 million maybe change the description to read 30% increase to base hp if thats the case.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

It is confusing. I know I dumped some cash unlocking my level 5 and up mercs to no... visible benefit other than lightening my wallet.
    I'd suggest a tooltip displaying the cumulative overall Batallion buff level - but we all know how informative those tips are.. like multiattack..etc.

Here's the thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/more-about-mercs.593822/

So mathematically in my brain - i see that I would need at least 5 celestial or fabled mercenaries at level 25 and unlocked to hire anywhere, to have a 100 percent bat buff.

But when you right click and check contribution on a merc, it only shows their own personal contribution...right?
    Udonn likes this.