Mercenary accolades ? Info ? Read the wiki.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Geroblue, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I see info on each one, over 400 of them according to the wiki.

Is there a page of info what is best/good, etc. accolade by merc class ?

I have paladin as the most I'm using.

Thanks.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think such a page has been created, simply because there are too many of the darn things. Just look at the stats. Use the ones with hte best stats and pass "lesser" accolades on to other mercs you don't use as much.

Once you get into BoL, jewelers make some pretty nice accolades.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't it kind of pointless to even worry about gearing mercs at all? I mean at low levels they are wrecking balls regardless of gear and at high levels they do zero damage and get one shot regardless of gear as well. My mercs are naked and get the job done for spot heals and cures on the rare occasions that i do need them.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I really have no idea... accolades are new to me.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It depends what you're doing. If say you're running heroics and can't find a mana class, then the mindblaster merc can do a fine job in their place. Only downside being they're about as tough as a piece of soggy kitchen paper. So if you want your merc to survive in heroics, yes, you need to gear them, and ideally infuse and adorn said gear. It's worth it if you regularly struggle for mana regen.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

And even on magic-user mercs, you can use plate armor. ANY plate armor, not just stuff that's merc-only. If you are in BoL, I'd run Diaku Corral: Solo to get merc gear if you need it. I also use my gear gotten in raids that can't be unattuned and passed to an alt as hand-me-downs for mercs.

I usually have a healer merc up, just to provide heals and cures, and I try hard to not allow it to catch aggro.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I don't have BoL. I might though, but I know my resolve is low, 35% at the most. I do have a few 110 adv level toons with potency of 35K 0r b54K %.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm still befuddled by current adorns having "accolades" listed as a useable slot when accolades have no adorn slot whatsoever with BoL.
    Breanna likes this.