Merc Opinions Sought by Ignorant Conjoror

Discussion in 'Mages' started by SayUncle, Jan 24, 2013.

1. SayUncle New Member

Returning player, last played when the level cap was 85. Had an 82 Necro, and since I was learning all over anyway I decided to betray to Conjuror.

My question regards Merc choice for solo questing. I have access to the CE werewolf Mercs (never played with Mercs at all yet). So, for solo questing do I want to combine Mage Pet and Paladin Merc or Tank Pet and Cleric Merc? Both Conjuror pets are Master level, significant pet buffs are Expert.

Since opinions will, I'm sure, vary, a couple of words about why what works for you works for you would be welcome.

Thanks.

** So ignorant, in fact, I can't spell Conjuror.
  2. Ivory Member

I'll start off saying, I have not leveled a Conjuror. But I use the SK Merc with my Necro and the Mage pet. I have tried using my Tank pet and an Inq Merc but it didn't work out as well. I have no issues healing my SK through the big pulls but not sure if the Conjuror has those same abilities.
  3. Jolemai Active Member

From a Necromancer point of view, I would recommend using the Mage pet, tanking mobs yourself and having an Inquisitor Mercenary set to follow and protect you. If you go for ^^^, let the Tank pet tank the mob.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I use my mage pet, with an Inquisitor. MY armor is quite good, and generally we can burn whatever it is before it kills me.
  5. Luhai Active Member

I'm using the mage Pet with the Inquisitor merc. I've been trying the SK, Paladin, Monk, Templar and Inquisitor merc. The tanks were useless because they either couldn't hold aggro so my pet would end up tanking anyway or they'd die way too fast to most ^^^ mobs. They templar seemed to be even worse than the Inquisitor so I kept that guy. While the Inquisitor seems rather slow at healing he's pretty good at curing. My pet does the DPS and the tanking , I heal/stoneskin my pet and nuke stuff while the merc clears the DoTs. This is what he's best at, especially when running zones like PR or SoH.
  6. Wigg Member

Mage pet and the special defiler merc work pretty well. Had to ask... You sure you haven't played since the cap was "85?" Typo maybe? Cap went from 80-90 and has never been 85.
  7. SayUncle New Member

Just more ignorance on my part, then. I came back to an 85 Sage, and could have sworn my Sage was capped, so inferred the cap was 85 when I wandered off. My mistake.