Merc: Lady Liae Croae

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Wulfclaw, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Wulfclaw New Member

Hello,
    I got my 10 year vet reward and am now searching for this Lady. I cannot find her and google is not helping either. Can someone tell me where I can find this mercenary?

Thanks in advance,
    Wulfclaw
  2. bruce71 New Member

Lady is only in qeynos den. and lord is only in Freeport den.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Qeynos Den, is the basement of the large inn, in Qeynos Harbour. There's an entrance around the side, head down the stairs and click on the door to enter.
  4. bruce71 New Member

Guess I could have been more specific on the location of the den. Just figured a 10 year vet would have understood.
  5. Wulfclaw New Member

Thank you, flameweaver. I will look for it. Now to find the Queynos Den. I am ever so gratefull for the search function of the map :)

@bruce71: I did not play for a long time. It took some time till I remembered navigating Queynos and the mercs did not even existed when I played last time (and there are very little information regarding such things - everyone INCLUDING the people who make the game just assume everyone will know where everything new is) - it all comes back so very slowly. :/
    flameweaver likes this.
  6. Kurtbey New Member

If you are a returning player after a few years can you still get her even if your account was inactive? Or do you have to wait? Also how many merc can you active at any given time?
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

They changed the calculations a couple of years back to enable inactive accounts to accrue credit toward veteran rewards. Open your Character panel, you should see the account age (in days) on one of the tabs. Mouse over this value and the popup will convert the days into years, months and days allowing you to work out how much time to wait.

You can only have 1 active merc in use at once.
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

Have tried asking a guard for lady I would think guard would give location unless you need other part of her name to use. That works to find a lot of npc.
  9. Wulfclaw New Member

I tried asking a guard before I came here. :) In fact I asked 3 or 4 guards, but no one knew her. But I do not know if I just typed her name wrong.

Anyway, I had a lot of the time as AllAccess and just did not play EQ 2. Through this and the recalculation I accrued my Vet-Rewards. :)
  10. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Wulfclaw: have you found her yet?

First, have you examined the claim item you got (it's in your inventory; looks like a sword)? Unless you do this, Lady Liae Croae will not spawn for you.

Second, in Qeynos Harbor, from the dock go toward the bridge over the canal eastward. Fish's Alehouse Inn has a paladin merc loitering by the door. Go inside. In the corner of the room toward the left, there is a passage down some stairs with a zone door at the bottom that on mouseover says Mercenaries for Hire. Click that and go in. Lady Liae Croae is in there.
  11. Bashem Well-Known Member

Maybe need to use last name I knew how to get to here with my toons using EQ2Maps and going to Alehouse where she is downstairs if you consumed the claim item. You can also get the SK cant think of his name atm in east fp at docks downstairs. I bought extra slots so I can switch on the merc on the fly when needed.
  12. Wulfclaw New Member

Thank you Leeroy, yes I found her now. I kept missing the stairs down to the basement, maybe because I ran along to hectic or somesuch. :) Thanks all, for the help!