Members Double Experience Weekend

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Daenys Member

100% server bonus back on Storms, just noticed it a few seconds ago.
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Note, this affected our forums as well, so we could not post anything to our forums, nor could players reach our forums during this time reliably. We'll have some official messaging going out today.
    suka likes this.
  3. Awkk Well-Known Member

Can an official Sony person please confirm, will it end on midnight Monday/beginning of Tuesday, or will we get all of Tuesday, and it ends midnight Tuesday/beginning of Wednesday?
    Cuelaen and aspekx like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

i am glad Smedley is safe and that the games are back up. this was a very unfortunate event. while i understand that people want the weekend bonus if they missed out on it, any other compensation should neither be expected or needed. Please tell Smedley he needs to be cautious about revealing his flight plans and whereabouts in the future. we don't want anything happening to him and i do hope they catch the fools who did this.
    SierraDawn, Rhodris and Avahlynn like this.
  5. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I was wondering this as well.
  6. Grundge Active Member

well we shall know very soon. Drumroll please..........
  7. Grundge Active Member

Just got the new Daily task and guess what 100% server bonus is.........GONE!

Ah well, I worked today so another day wouldn't have mattered to me. Hopefully we shall have something for labor day weekend.
  8. whysl New Member

loved this past weekend AND the added on days was able to get extra crafting lvls
    santargria and aspekx like this.
  9. aspekx Well-Known Member

my apologies, i was unaware that you all couldn't reach your own servers, since it seemed so many customers at the time were able to do so.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

this is one of those times where some areas were affected for some people. Some people were able to get through, but the majority of the servers were jammed by traffic created by the attack. it seems that is the way these denial of service attacks work. they effectively deny service to the majority, but sometimes a company may not even be aware of it because the ones who check their sites can get through. weird world we live in. i remember when a denial of service meant some group of protesters were blocking your door with signs or all of your workers were on strike
  11. Ratza Well-Known Member

Maybe for Labor Day weekend we will get another Double XP weekend since last weekend's went so wrong.
  12. BenBierman New Member

I'll just say this. I've been with these guys since the beginning. I've never seen them not do anything for Labor Day Weekend. I don't expect this to change suddenly.
  13. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Clearly you haven't been paying much attention:

EverQuest II players can take advantage of Double Adventure, Tradeskill, AA, and Guild XP from 5:00pm Thursday, August 29, through 11:59pm PDT on Monday, September 2, 2013.

Double XP Weekend starts tonight at 5pm through Monday at midnight PDT! #EQ2
    — Holly Longdale (@WindstalkerEQ2) August 29, 2013

This coming weekend, from 10:00 am PDT on Friday, September 3rd, until 10:00 am PDT on Tuesday, September 7th, we will be running a true Double XP promotion (+100% XP).
    The bonus applies to AA, tradeskill and adventure experience gained this weekend. Our French, German, Japanese, Test and EQ2 Extended servers will also be enjoying the increase in XP gain.
    Happy adventuring!
    ARCHIVED-Kiara, Aug 30, 2010 Report

Took me an entire 6 seconds to come up with this. I haven't been here since the beginning but these are pretty common.
    suka and santargria like this.
  14. Lolaine-Grievance New Member

check your dates EverQuest II players can take advantage of Double Adventure, Tradeskill, AA, and Guild XP from 5:00pm Thursday, August 29, through 11:59pm PDT on Monday, September 2, 2013.
    Avahlynn and suka like this.
  15. Enoibia Well-Known Member

2013? Damn, I missed it!
    Avahlynn likes this.
  16. Rosie Active Member

As this is 2014, and we just had a double xp members only weekend, are they doing another one for labor day weekend for everyone, this upcoming weekend?
    Cuelaen likes this.
  17. BenBierman New Member

Clearly you didn't read my post. And no I don't sit here and lurk on the forums. I tend to just play the game. I just happened to notice someone saying they hope to do something XP this weekend. I was simply saying, I bet they do.

And Sept 2nd is Tuesday, not Monday :p
    Enric_of_Neriak likes this.
  18. BenBierman New Member

It took you an entire 6 seconds to find lasts years post ? lol
    Glundar and Enoibia like this.
  19. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Couple things, clearly you don't read your own posts and since you don't "lurk" you didn't re-read it. Your post clearly implied that there has never been an xp event on labor day weekend and no where did it insinuate that you thought it would. Again, this was a 2013 event and Labor day is often a different date year after year.

It took you an entire 6 seconds to find lasts years post ? lol

And don't be so foolish to imply that I couldn't find this in six seconds. of course I didn't review the forums. I googled: eq2 labor day 2013. Maybe took less then six. Save your snarky responses for when you are correct. Not being proven wrong.

It amazes me when someone posts in absolutes, is clearly proven to be incorrect and still bashes people instead of taking the high road and admitting they made a mistake.
  20. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Honestly, instead of me checking my dates, why don't people review the post in it's entirety. I was making the point that we often have labor day events after another poster stated that we never do.