Melee healers solo/molo help

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Paravar, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Paravar New Member

Hi all, coming back to game after long hiatus and was thinking of trying one of the melee healers for solo/molo play. Out of the 3 (inq, mystic and warden) which one would i be able to get the most done in group content? If it can be done. Also, thought i read that melee healers don't aa spec anymore for melee and are just casters now? Any truth to this? Which is in the best state healing wise also?

Thank you o'mighty eq2 board for your wisdom!
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

MHO
    Mystic for grps not to say inqys and wardens cant be fun, casting/mele is nothing now true.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I melee on my warden. Many of the good warden buffs proc off melee hits. Most 'melee healers' I know do still melee.
    Jrox likes this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Of those three, Inq is my favorite... because Verdict! - and Warden is least.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Where my favorite is the warden because so much healing happens 'automatically' if you spec for it, so it's pure 'wade in and smack the mobs around'. :)
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Different strokes... :cool: I like Inqs and I also enjoy playing furies. I use a DPS build for my priests, also. I am glad there are choices!
    Shmogre and Mermut like this.
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

If you're planning on grouping, make a mystic. A crappy mystic has an easier time keeping a group alive than a great warden. I've seen it time and time again. A good cleric has an easier time keeping a group alive than a good warden. I've seen this first hand. Though with inquisitor, that is really only true if you spec for the massive group hp prestige, which you probably wouldn't necessarily do as a solo player. However at least the option is there if you decided to group with people. You could have a heroic inquiz spec with the hp buff and a solo with the more damage.

If you are truly planning on soloing, the warden and inquiz would probably have more fun time at it, with warden getting a slight edge because of what Mermut was talking about. You rarely even have to touch your heals and can just swing away at things and stay alive. It's very fun to solo on a warden. Might even be my favorite solo class that I have played. But in heroics? Warden has the most difficult time keeping a group alive in the current state of the game, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Wouldn't it have been nice if the warden epic ability was a pet that threw up wards on its group rather than a pet that added slight damage? Ah well. Another epic that missed the boat. Add it to half the others.
    Jrox likes this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

If you enjoy it, that's defiantly the one for you! :) But if your looking for DPS I would point you to an Inqy or Channeler and I have heard rumors of one of the chains being OP :p . Just saying. Next time you look at a Wardens parse in ACT, let me know how much of that dmg is melee (Percentage wise...).
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Of course auto-attack isn't doing much damage.. it doesn't matter if it's spell ranged or melee. Wardens just have a bunch of things that PROC off melee auto-attack. On a warden, if you're not meleeing, you're not getting the full potential out of the class. Not the full dps potential, nor the full healing potential.

PS: I player healers to heal, but I also try to get as much dps out of my healers as I can, while keeping my group green and stable. Especially with the current mechanics were non-shaman are mostly utility if they're not solo healing.
    Jrox and Prissetta like this.