Melancholy Melody question

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Haggin, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Haggin Guest

What exactly does this song do? I cast it and it says something about changing form, but I certainly don't look any different.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

This is the Dirge "Fluff" song. Its merely a "fun" song/spell for you to play with. All it does is if you use it on a group member it makes them cry. It's sorta a funny little thing to do in a group here and there to lighten things up. Not useful for any practical purpose as is the case for nearly all the lvl 20 fluff spells for sub-classes.
  3. ARCHIVED-hawek Guest

worst 14 silver I ever spent on a spell/song. I want a **ZOMG** refund.

Hawek
    Dirge
    Unrest
  4. ARCHIVED-Negdiil Guest

Now if we could use it to make a mob stop fighting and cry for 10 seconds, that would be worth something!
  5. ARCHIVED-Ellessar Guest

Hell, I have no problem with "fluff" spells. Actually, I rather enjoy them. But at least give it some music or a fun /emote (*your name here* points and laughs at *target*. Crybaby!) or something! Just standing there and having someone randomly cry isn't very satisfying.
  6. ARCHIVED-FatAggression Guest

it makes the target group member do the /sad emote... really really weak actually the /cry one is funny and stands out most people don't notice when i use Melody on them.
  7. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

Yeah, but the no casting effect makes it a great way to annoy your friends while grouped.

I casted it like 50 times last night and in 3-rd person view it really gets noticed. People kept asking what was wrong with him.

It was quite a laugh again and again and again. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

I swear, it COULD have been a really fun song if it was group instead of single target. Maybe a change to it, something even have everyone whip out a musical instrument, as the bard conducts.
  9. ARCHIVED-Meddle Guest

uh, I'm 21.9 and still haven't found it.

Who sells it?
  10. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

Trainer in North Freeport. The trainer is out on a ledge with two others, you'll see them on the right if you run from the Temple of War to the Stonestair Byway zone point.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ailsa Guest

In Qeynos, one of the Trainers in the ruined building in the Eldaar Grove has it.