Medium Armor Quest NOT Needed at all...

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-KetMalice, Nov 27, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-KetMalice Guest

Okay I did teh first one, completed teh second one (havent turned in yet), and from what I have seen its not even close to being worth it. You can spend a little extra coin and get better armor, I am lvl 23 now and the quest armor isnt very good. I have almost completed a set of steel brig armor. Its ac is much higher and has nice saves. You can also get a set of carbonite chainmail that I think has better ac then the quest armor. Its soooo much of a pain in teh butt to get that armor and just from hunting in the steppes with groups and my guild I have gotten almost a full set of steel, 2 steel stilleto's and a couple of adepts. I just dont think its worth it and would rather get good loot armor and get xp. My 2 cents though.
  2. ARCHIVED-Greymarch Guest

Ranger quest armor has better AC than store-bought carbonite chain armor.

The steel brigadine armor that drops in TS or Nek Forest is quite comparable to the ranger quest armor, but you dont get experience for finding that armor, like you do the ranger quest armor.

I think the ranger quest armor is worth it. I just wish it wasnt pink.

- Graymarch, 28th level half-elf ranger, Neriak server.
  3. ARCHIVED-Thespar Guest

I just started mine, but after hearing this comment, I just decided to forget the entire quest.
  4. ARCHIVED-Maul Guest

Pink? Mine is chainmail.. silver...

Done the first 2 parts.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dieguy Guest

He's talking about the leggings.
  6. ARCHIVED-TcK Guest

HAHAHA, are you serious about that PINK pants? LOL no matter about the stats at all, I WONT WEAR PINK PANTS!
  7. ARCHIVED-Timtim Guest

Would you like a little dessert ? Sorry, you'll only get that reference if you watch Smack The Pony :)

Hopefully they will change the colour as I can't believe a Ranger would chose to wear any colour except green/brown.

I mean, can you imagine Aragorn taking on Sauron wearing pink pants ? *shudders*
  8. ARCHIVED-Altitude0079 Guest

I finished al my armor quests at lvl 23, dont like the pink color so much though, but its not RL. The stats of the armor parts are the best i have seen for my lvl except the bracer. I hust have to wear this 4 more lvl and then its time for my lvl 30 armor thats waiting for me in my Bank :)
  9. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

What's your level 30 armor?
  10. ARCHIVED-KetMalice Guest

Im guessing its feyiron bri which I am starting to collect also. Also I meant by thispost you wont be using it that long and you hav plenty of easier armor substitutes that will work just fine. The quests give xp but....ive been in groups for these for hours and gotten 10% xp because they run around looking for those mob types and wont kill anything else.
  11. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Where does the Fey iron drop? I haven't seen any of this in Thundering. Is it Enchanted Lands or summat?
  12. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

Hot pink!
  13. ARCHIVED-TcK Guest

Lol, and even if it was the hottest pink ever, i wont wear it ;)

Errm, Im sorry, but as english is not my native language i dont get the point of the "reference" i get when watching "Smack the pony"
  14. ARCHIVED-toastedwyrm Guest

so nobody never had a problem with part 3 of this quest ??? i'm fed up with tryin to group in SH, seems everybody in the group wants to split up and i've gotten up to 73% exp debt because these idiots keep gettin themselves killed.. besides being pink. i've alrdy givin up on the quest, because it just doesn't seem worth all the debt i was getting !! by the time i can solo the quest, the armor will be utterly useless.. and altho my character is female, i'm with the majority that PINK bytes !! the pred armor was more Ranger color'd, who's bright idea was it to make us wear PINK at higher lvls ?? do we get balloon crafting and a big red nose too ?? =P
  15. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

I don't consider the low 20's to be "higher levels" ;)

As far as stormhold goes, she is a fickle mistress. I got 23% experience in an hour, grouped with a shaman, another ranger, a cleric and a monk. The cleric, who was the lowest level, got something like 34% exp. It was a good group, but if you're NOT with a good group you can get worked, easily.
  16. ARCHIVED-TcK Guest

I agree, SH rules everything I have seen so far in the game as far as xp is concerned, IF you have a good group. I myself always go there with guildies, so I always have a good group :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Drattz Guest

i like the armor quests. they are not really that hard just need to get a desecent group together. ya get exp and some really good armor for FREE.