Mechanimagical Submarine "The Big Adventure" - Video

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Tock, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Tock Member

I got Fraps the other day, and installed a new 1TB HDD in my computer for recording video to, so I downloaded Windows Movie Maker to try things out with. I used my guild hall submarine as a subject for my video. Came out pretty good, inspite of some nasty artifacting. I hope to publish all my future works here via video from now on. Just have to find a program that compresses video better so I can get a clearer result. Or perhaps I just need to read a few guides.

Anyhow, enjoy!

You can find the submarine at the t2 Freeport guild hall under "Ethos" here on the AB server! Please don't press any buttons while on board.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

If anyone hasn't visited this hall in person yet it's a must see! This submarine theme is so cool, right down to the sound effects. It's probablly my favorite GH, ever! (said by someone who doesn't normally like tinkered things :p)

Great job on the video for it too!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Emissary Vex Active Member

Looks great!
  4. Kisy Active Member

/picks jaw up off the floor....

/gapps like a fish.....

I have no words. Must see in person.
  5. Tock Member

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it!
  6. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I got so excited when I seen you posted a thread in Norrath Home Show! Tock youh ave always been my favorite designer. When ever people ask me who I think is the best I have always said Tock. . I remember your works when I was on AB. To me you have always put everyone elses work to shame.
  7. Tock Member

Second attempt! Higher resolution source video, resulting in much less artifacting when the camera is in motion!

Watch in HD if you can!

8. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

9. Ladymist Well-Known Member

bumping for a friend to see
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

Ok, this is some serious jaw dropping stuff! And, had to put eyes back in head too! Seriously amazing work! I have been sharing this video link with lots of people...its that good! You truly made a guild hall feel like not a guild hall, but an adventure. The music fit it so perfect too! I hope I can get to that server hopping soon, and when I do, this is VERY high on my list to see in person! :)
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

This is amazing
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dude! Not sure why you were concerned about artifacting; even on the lower resolution film, I didn't see much of anything of that at all. Maybe in the Mecha room, with the techs around the 'bots ready to go out (or are they waldo exploration "suits"?), there was a little something moving to the right just before the next scene, and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there or not. I had the honor of visiting that GH in person awhile back, and I don't remember if there was something there...of course, you may have revamped it since my visit. :)

Amazing stuff, as always! I don't so much "decorate" like in the Home & Garden magazines like many of the other extremely talented folks here, I like to do "themes," and you're always an inspiration...and a despair, in a way, since I know I can never get to your level of seamlessness! ;->

Keep up the good work! :)

Uwk
    with many alts on AB because of people like you ;->
  13. Sidharrah Member

This is fantastic!!!
  14. Erszebeth Active Member

truly mindblowing....saw the vid, had to see the real deal and...speechless, one of the best zones I've run through in this game, so much more then a guild hall.
  15. Marrnar Member

I saw this vid and just had to go in person. I created a toon on AB and OMG I was blown away! This is an amazing piece of work. Everything, and I mean everything fits perfectly. I love all the rooms but if I had to pick a fav it would have to be the engineering and mana core area. Simply put, beautifully executed.

I would also like to add that the guild guards in uniform in all the different areas completely add to the ambience and "real" feel of the zone. I got the feeling I was about to embark on a major adventure.

Thanks Tock for sharing...
  16. Atmu New Member

Claps hands and loves it =)

Tock did you not had also a spaceship? If so
    can you repost it?

Greetings Mu!
  17. Tock Member

No spaceship. I believe that was someone else, building in that void prestige home. Don't recall the name or server, though, sorry!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Much appreciated!
  18. Rargo Active Member

I had to go see this in person, by far the coolest guild hall ever.