Meatbeast's Palace

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mystfit, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Mystfit Well-Known Member

So, I was pretty vocal awhile back about my utter sorrow at the removal of Meatbeast from being a warder. I've been a big fan of the guy since I first met in in May of 2006. I was heartsick enough about it to quit playing.
    But, eventually the gods smiled and he was returned to the Beastlord as a warder and I returned 5 minutes after I heard about it.
    This house is not my best...in fact. I'm reluctant to even post it cause it doesn't *feel* like I got what I wanted out of it. But, I need to step away from it for a bit and perhaps this will let me get some distance ;)
    The Court of the Master was where I wanted to build a place for
    Meatbeast to live. A place cleared of adventurers seeking his haunch and the cruel Djin Master.
    [IMG]
    I ended up seeking the lands for more Meatbeasts and now many live here, munching on the green, green grass!

House is listed under massive homes on the Freeport server-Meatbeast's Palace. Hope to see you at the next Meabtbeast Feast!

The stables...each stable box has hay, water and pillows to rest on. The Pink Meatbeast also gets access to berries to keep her color bright!
    [IMG]

Having all these Meatbeasts and prepping for the Meatbeast Feast is a full time operation. Besides your standard kitchen, we make milk, cheese and butter!
    [IMG] (chocolate, strawberry and skim!)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And then there's the Meatbeast feast...
    [IMG]

lots of food, milk (of course) and more!

Everyone needs a pool!
    [IMG]

And in one dark room, perhaps the reason for the origin of Meatbeast is found...and it involves a downed fence and lots of booze!

[IMG]

Amemyst needs a place to rest and relax. Found here are three player made books on the Meatbeast.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    I set up the outside with plenty of games..croquet, lawn darts. Mud tug of War, a small outside theatre...and more!

[IMG]
    Geden, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Afista like this.
  2. Kamoj Well-Known Member

LOL! I love the "downed fence and booze". Nice work on this!
    Karrane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

Croquet! Genius.

The whole palace turned out wonderful :) I love the round pool!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah! Definitely LOL'ed on that one ("Moo?" "Grrrrrrowl, baby." "Moooo......")! ;->

And yes, beautiful job on all of them, though only my Bristlebane followers have much appreciation for them. Perhaps that will change now! ;->

Uwk
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I lied...??!! The house is listed under medium? It's a 1000 item limit home and it's in medium...yah, I'm confused..
    Anyway, thanks for the nice words. Making a home for Meatbeast was a big deal for me, as silly as that may seem!
  6. Geden Well-Known Member

Totally in love with the whole place. And... I can't resist in saying Holy Cow this is great! :p
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

Looks great!

The downed fence and booze might explain the meatbeast... but what about the owlbear?
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh...I still remember a one-panel comic strip where a centaur was at the bottom of a hill, waving up to a man and a horse at the top, saying, "Bye, Dad! Bye, Mom!" ;->

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the owlbear, like the griffon (at least, the beautiful, natural-looking ones in Thundering Steppes, Gorowyn, etc.) and others, might be original "test-tube babies," created by wizards or whatever that knew something about animal anatomy, and the ones that still hatch from eggs were probably given artificial egg shells for the first clutch, like in Jurassic Park (or the Dragonriders of Pern, I'm guessing; Anne McCaffrey never did say in Dragonsdawn where the first shells came from, but they have to be laid down by organs in the mother's body, usually). ;->

Uwk
  10. krizet Active Member

Great work indeed... I loved the sumptuous table, the couch... and the 'party animals' made me giggle-snort :lol
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Hehe downed fence and booze. Brilliant! :D
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

A year or so ago, I'd worked up a dungeon with a Meatbeast theme, but quit playing like an hour after I'd finished. (It was kind of a dungeon rage thing to work through my frustration at them taking away Meatbeast) I deleted the dungeon but moved the booze idea over as it had tickled me at the time ;) Delighted it tickled ya'll too :)