Meatbeast removed

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Miapa, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-stevenbanks Guest

I was looking forward to having a Meatbeast as well. I suppose I have to settle for the duck...the duck is still tameable, right? I know for some reason he is level 90^^ all the time, but I can wait.
    I do think it is wrong to take away a warder that was known to be tameable on Beta. They easily could have fixed him before launch or even right after launch. But to give him to us and then take him away? Tsk tsk tsk
  2. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Lisail@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I have no desire to roll a BL, there is no envy.
    Lempo is not wrong all named NPCs do not give AA nor do all named NPC's drop loot, in fact most quest mobs do not drop loot. "The Meatbeast" is a named NPC, "An upright bovine" would be an example of a non-named NPC.
    So you are wrong on every point.
  3. ARCHIVED-Alarick0 Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Mallard Philmore, was also a named NPC, and it's sole purpose was to be tamed.
    Sooo, saying that it was removed because it was a named NPC is when there are other names NPC's in the game that can be tamed does not make much sense does it?
  4. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Chunkaliscious wrote:
    I have not done any PVP since 6 monhs or so of it being released, they have messed it up, beyond repair.
    I wish they would fix a lot of bugs, people are looking at this short sighted, most of the ones that are howling and screaming are not serious players anyway and as soon as the new wears off will shelve their BL's anyway. The fact is they fixed this before letting it fester like so many others, there are a lot of things I would be happy to see fixed, I'm sure our raid looter(s) would be overjoyed if they fixed the loot issue, but they are not throwing in the towel and refusing to raid because of it. The revrs side of the coin is if you gain no advntage from the appearance you had out of everything else in the game there should be SOMETHING that you will enjoy. If the simple fact of not having a specific warder means you are not going to play you were not going to play long with that warder anyway.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bastis Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    So you speak for everyone and people thar are upset are not serious players? What you failed to mention is that this is just your opinion and nothing more. O'm beginning to think that you are a fanboy plant to calm all the rage about the Meatbeast. I have been playing since day 1 and I'm upset, exactly how many years do I need to play before I'm a serious player? I have 14 high lvl toons, does it take 15 to be a serious player?
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Lempo doesn't speak for anyone except forum trolls.
  7. ARCHIVED-sleepup2007 Guest

I am very upset that one os the reason i made the beastlord was that i could tame meatbeast and i was excited and played everyday to get to the level that i could tame him, then they take away that illusion because it was a named , yet that named DUCK and that PIG in new halas , no problem, alot of people that played beastlord enjoyed that animal then you take that fun away from them , that illusion did not add to attack or defence at all it was just fluff that made people happy, so i have left the game as this was the straw that broke the meatbeast back. as the increas level of people that donot help another and the number of trolls, it not worth it , you will not listen to me , but maybe you will when you see my money will not go into your pockets. then when i removed my registration you guys donot have the respect to ask why you are leaving just click this or that , no respect. oh i am posting this up on your facebook aswell to make sure someone in your department reads this.
  8. ARCHIVED-smokedout Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    +1
    Yep... Obviously a Troll working the ol Fishing Skill.
    All he does here is shoot people down.
  9. ARCHIVED-Chunkaliscious Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    I would think the fact that the people who are complaining or as you call them "not serious" players are the ones who were serious enough to shell out the money to buy the expansion that allowed them to play the class. I would even bet that the beta news of being able to tame Meatbeast led to some fence sitters buying the expansion.
    People wouldn't be complaining as much if there was a "real" reason given for not allowing him to be tamed. The he is a named reason even though we gave you a named duck specifically for taming purposes just doesn't hold water.
    PS if the raid looters use the down arrows on their keyboards they can still pass out loot.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jaffa Tamarin Guest

Chunkaliscious wrote:
    How about: the beastlord's warder is supposed to be a tamed animal, and the Meatbeast is an enchanted creature, not a normal animal, whereas the duck is just a duck that someone named.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bastis Guest

Skrat@Crushbone wrote:
    How about: SOE made a bussiness decision that lost them some customers, because people wlaking around with a Meatbeast was ruining the game, but paying RL money for SC and turning your warder into a Dragon, Genie or a number of thngs was not.
    I find it far more realistic playing a fantasy game and running into battle to have a meatbeast at my side than a cow. Really a cow? Who in the world would in the wildest imagination think that a cow is an acceptable pet for a Beastlord. The reason I cancelled my sub is the constant stupid nerfs and game changes that only enrage the player base. Do the devs think that Norath s a real place and they have been empowered to keep the balance or lack of.
    SOE do something good for a change and make some people happy, reverse this senseless nerf.
  12. ARCHIVED-dpsman Guest

Was this nerf really needed, why in the world would SOE want to upset people for something so petty. It was allowed to go live, so do the right thing and just leave it.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

I still say SmokeJumper is hazing the devs.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Bastis Guest

Nice, just bought Old Republic and I'm pretty sure we won't have to use a FARM ANIMAL"Common Cow" in battle there.
    ROTFL a cow...LOL
  16. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I do wish they had allowed us to select what warder we wanted to take our mastery of to. I don't want a cow after having Meatbeast, but to keep what I've worked so hard on I would need to find something bovine. Might go with sheep.
    If I play her, that is. She's still not interested in coming out ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

What is with this borderline obsessive fascination with meatbeast? A raptor model with cow texture omg it's soooooo epic
  18. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Malevolencexx@Nagafen wrote:
    You underestimate me. ;) It's not borderline obsession for me, it's over the top obsession and he is epic ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Bastis Guest

Forget about the Meatbeast, I Bought Old Republic when I cancelled all my accounts here and I get an R2D2 for a pet......sweet.
  20. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

As the person who discovered The Meatbeast was tamable in Beta and posted the thread on the general board about it, I'd like to apologize to everybody who may have decided to purchase the expansion in order to have their own cowasaurus companion. I naively assumed that SOE would condone the practice of finding and taming fun, unusual creatures since it obviously brings enjoyment to many players and harms no one. Having just returned from my holiday vacation, I find that I was mistaken, and SOE prefers to break our toys right before Christmas. So yeah, sorry about that.
    I hope this event won't deter people from talking about what other unique creatures they find to tame due to worries about dev tyranny spoiling their fun. I'd hate to see this fracture the budding beastlord community.
    From a personal standpoint, I am immensely disappointed. Not only about the loss of my favorite warder, but at the very principle of SOE's actions. The least they could do would be to add another tamable bovoch somewhere so those of us who enjoy them could continue having fun. Shame on you, SOE, especially considering the season.