Mean people on AB server

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Vexxed, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Cube Active Member

[IMG]
    Spindle likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, amen; I'm still a newb, and I'm coming up on my 9-Year Veteran reward package (less than 200 days to go! :D). Got 40 toons on Gold, over a handful more on Silver accounts; perhaps I "don't really know how to play the game" because I don't have only 7 toons max, all at 95/95. Yes, there are rude, obnoxious, etc. folks out there, even on AB (and Crushbone, and--well, pretty much anywhere you have people :-/), but the earlier advice on this thread is the best; /ignore is my friend, and I've bailed out of rude guilds before, or those getting that way. Play YOUR way, folks! :)

Uwk
    ConcealFate likes this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

I turned off 1-9 (now general?) and channel chat within a few days of starting this game...6 yrs ago.

Guild chat is just fine.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same here; the minute I'd hit 10th, I'd shut off 1-9, but unfortunately, yeah, we don't have that option any more...every level chat channel got folded into General, I guess because there's not enough staff any more to monitor them all. :-/

Uwk
    still muttering about not knowing what level folks are any more in Chat...
  5. Seefar Well-Known Member

'Honor'?

Killing...

KILLING equals HONOR!

ONWARD!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, in video games...they don't exactly give a lot of XP for merely good roleplaying or solving problems in other ways, unless the quest specifically asks for it. :-/

Uwk
    who at least tries to be polite (and hopefully succeeds) even with Evil characters in roleplaying; just because the culture you come from (Freeport, Neriak, etc.) may be full of jerks, doesn't mean your character has to be ;->
  7. Seefar Well-Known Member

While I do agree with every word you say: just to be clear, here, I would like to ask whether you followed the link I offered... :D
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I tried on the video itself, but it didn't work...I blush to admit I didn't check out the link to the YouTube episode fully. :oops:

Uwk
  9. Seefar Well-Known Member

Um. I'm confused (nothing new there). I quoted knightritalin, his post included a nembedded video link that's busted, but I offered a link in text -- the choice of colourscheme on this forum makes it easy to miss such. I'll try a different way, because if you're not familiar with JourneyQuest, well, all I can say is: ONWARD! :D