Me and My two sets of gear,1 color adorn slot please

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Ladymist, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Ladymist Well-Known Member

A huge thank you for making pvp gear relevant in pve, it was a small step towards a much more fun game. But we still have to carry 2 sets of gear because

A. Blue adorns dont work in pvp
    B. There is No yellow red or green slots in our main gear

So we still have to swap out the gears when pveing to be effective.

If you please, add a color adorn slot to the pvp gear. I dotn car e if its red, yellow or green. Just 1 is all I ask lol

Here's to hoping
    LordVeredeth likes this.
  2. Colm Active Member

If i'm not mistaken, they're consolidating the whole mess of red/yellow adorn slots in the next xpac, into a purple adorn for the new gear. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. However, i'm not sure if there's any word on if they'll be consolidating the blue adorns too.

Also, i think you mean blue adorns don't work in PVE?
    And the gear that would have green slots.. does have green slots? (i.e. rings/neck)
  3. Ladymist Well-Known Member

The gear I am speaking of is not the jewelry but the main gear head chest legs gloves boots forarms and cape...would like primary/secondary....Yes jewelry already has green slot

your correct I Meant to say blue Adorns dont work in PVE :)

I havent heard of this all in one purple adorn, would be nice to have one color and be able to apply it to pvp gear
  4. Colm Active Member

Well you said green slots.. so yeah.. Those aren't missing from the gear.

In anycase, they probably added the PVP adorns as a way for people who don't raid or do much group content to have access to somewhat useful adorns. I doubt they are going to give the PVP gear PVE adorn slots - unless they do in the next xpac.

The Purple adorn thing is something I read from someones summary about one of the SOE Live Panels for the ToV Xpac. Not sure if the information is accurate anymore, but here's hoping.
  5. LordVeredeth Active Member

Yes^ especially on PvP servers.
  6. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

I hope the new pve armor is lethality and toughness. And please consolidate blue adorns somehow too
  7. Glassjaw Active Member

There is a good reason that the PvP armor does not have yellow or red adorn slots and it's a good reason. If pvp gear did get yellow and red slots, no one would go after PvE raid gear unless its end game hard mode gear because the stats on the pvp gear are mostly better than any of the easy mode raid accquired gear. When I say pvp I of course am refering to the chaos bringer armor. The idea is so that players who want the best pvp gear they can get have the chance to do so through pvp/BGs and PvE players who want the best gear they can get can do so through PvE raid content. Having the red and yellow slot on PvE raid gear gives an advantage over PvP gear which makes sense when you consider their intended uses.
  8. Colm Active Member

The advantage of red/yellow adorns aren't very huge in comparison to PVP adorns. Yes, its an advantage for sure in PVE, but i really wouldn't say that its a major or good reason for it. As you said, they give people the ability to achieve the "best gear" through the means they want to. So for that purpose it makes sense to separate the adorns - not because of some advantage one might gain from one or the other, but because people play differently and might not have the access to one or the other. I.e. PVPers not having the means or the will to get Red/Yellow adorns and vice versa.

The advantage of raid gear for PVE verses PVP gear is not the adorns, but the numerous buffs and procs on the gear themselves. Which can boost a players CB/Pot to astronomical heights.
  9. Glassjaw Active Member

No doubt about the effects on raid accquired gear but the discussion is about the OP wanting additional adornment slots namely red and or yellow on pvp gear.