MC poisons...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by slica, Nov 26, 2014.

1. slica Active Member

So idk if there's a post on this but....

60p a root x2 120p for 10 poisons...

I did 4 heroic zones tonight and used 20 poisons.. 240p to run some dungeons and attempt to be good....

Can we like increase the amount of poisons crafted to 100...we went through this last xpac if I recall...this is rediculous!

Thanks in advance for making this happen. <3
    Rocketjones, Quillyne and Anghammarad like this.
  2. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I would second that.

Due to poison procrate and needed rares for the posions, a bigger amount received from the recipe would be really nice.

We all know RNG is a *beep* and while having harvestet around 200-300 Rares already, I only got 30 roots =/ *smiles*

Even wielding 50 per craft would be better than the 10 there are right now.

Cheers
    Ang
  3. Glassjaw Active Member

We finally get some poisons that are worth while and we get absolutely jackwagon stomped on the price right in the face face!

Please adjust this to be more scout pocketbook friendly. Or, make our pickpocket ability steal 10 plat every time we use it.
    Quillyne likes this.
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Not sure why there was a switch from powders to roots. My experience was there was a very reasonable equilibrium on this stuff. Not too cheap, and not stupidly expensive either.

Now, mc poisons and pots need to compete with all the other root consuming crafts.
    Quillyne likes this.
  5. Laserbeak Member

I support this post as a raiding scout, I rip through poisons and Hiven roots are expensive.. especially if you want the good poisons its 2 hiven per...IDK.. very expensive to try hard now a days.
  6. Phee Active Member

supply and demand.. f2p just started yesterday, as time goes on prices will fall and poisons will still be the same. you could always go harvest them yourself too. there are many other things i find much more unreasonable than this in aom.
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

Making Hiven roots the component for poisons is NUTS!!!....the cost for a scout to use poisons is now INSANE.....NO other class in this game has to pay through their teeth on a daily basis....yes...we all use food/drink.....yes we all use potions to increase stats....BUT...ONLY certain scouts use poisons!!!!......I could understand maybe asking for incandescents material to make poison instead of hiven....or maybe the better option would be to increase the amount of poison we can make with these hivens roots instead of 10 how about the recipe makes 100!!!!!!!
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There's usually at least one other post...
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

Poisons and powders were cheap in T10 because poison was in very low demand. The extra DPS provided by T9-T10 poison wasn't worth the extra expense and most scouts skipped it.

Dev decided to fix poisons for AoM. They also apparently revalued rare harvests. Look at T10, there is a glut of almost every material. One of the worst is roots. Simply put there is no use for roots. Cloth armor drops are common, no real need for MC cloth armor to be mass produced. Other than the occasional furniture piece that is it for T1-10 rare root consumption. Worse, there are 2 nodes that produce rare roots so the glut happens faster.

Dev's fix to take care of this glut was to make rare roots the primary component for potion and poisons. Considering the apparent ratio of new rares x5 = what you could produce in previous tiers with 1 rare, using 1 root is about equal to using 1 dust.

Harvesting wise roots was the smart choice compared to soft metals and gems (which were the source of dust in previous tiers). It might of been slightly smarter to use carbide since salvaging is producing it in humongous amounts, but you eventually expect that people are going to learn to transmute armor and weapons instead of creating more of a glut.

It might be better for the charges per poison to be increased, or for poison to have charges removed and instead provide its effect for the entire duration. That would probably mean the duration would be decreased to compensate for the lack of charges.
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

While I hate that the Dev's have always made being a DPS scout the most expensive class to play. One good thing I've seen is a dramatic drop in price for rares. Hiven roots where over 60-70p last week and a week later they are down to 15p. Hopefully the prices will continue to drop.

Still disagree with the premise that scouts have to pay for their DPS when no one else has to. But I've been on the loosing side of that argument with the Dev's for 11 years now. Hence why I deem all Dev's to be mage fan boys. Can you say ez mode auto attack :p mages sure can!
    Ratza likes this.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I will make you a deal. If you don't argue against mages getting armor that is leather* or better, then I won't argue against scouts getting cheaper ways to DPS. ;)

* Heck, anything that is more solid than, say, reinforced cardboard, would be a welcome change. :p