Max Exp/AA gain on Quest Turn-in

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Digex, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Digex New Member

Fairly new EQ2 player here.

I have a question regarding optimal Exp/AA for quest turn ins. I read on the EQ2 wiki that you don't receive the max AA reward if you turn in a quest that is higher than your level (ref: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Advancement):

Is this info still accurate?
  2. AccidentProne37 Active Member

As far as I know, yes. Though killing onsters that are slightly higher than you seem to give a little less xp gain as well. Its really hard to say at this point because all my new characters receive a % bonus to xp because of the veteran xp rewards for max level characters so I may be inaccurate.
  3. Tineren Active Member

I don't know about the AAxp for the first time you finish a quest, but as far as the regular xp finishing quests a bit above your level is better than waiting. You can test this with repeatable quests, doing the same quest as you level. Specifically yellow>white>blue. I don't know about orange or red, though I do know in general red con things give you less xp.