Matteus Gaines

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aranedhel, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Aranedhel Member

Anyone know why this little knucklehead won't talk to me after I save his bacon from a coupla thugs? I am really wanting to leave Neriak permanently and can't do it with it his ungrateful (imo) help, hehe... (Alt is a lvl 16 DE sK btw) would appreciate any constructive input... note advising against this decision is not considered constructive LOL.
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

You can move away from the impossible to navigate and ugly hole that is Neriak to the convenient and pretty Freeport without having to do anything for any npc.

Just zone into Freeport, set recall point in the big open practical and easy to find building by the East Freeport Docks, buy a house somewhere in Freeport and you will be set, no need for Matteus.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Some people like to do quests...
  4. Aranedhel Member

I am attempting to run the betrayal questline and the fershmigetty kid won't talk to me after I save him... lil punk needs a beatin!
    msgnomer likes this.
  5. Darkhorse Member

Its been a few years since I did this quest and I remember getting stuck.also. Look in your inventory and see if you have the kid in your bags. Right click on him and it continues. The icon looks like a doll as I remember. Hope that helps.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Have you tried to talk with Ambassador V'Nox after killing the bullies?
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

Can you be more specific about where in the quests you are stuck? Have you began the betrayal? What quest name are you stuck on? What step in particular?
  8. Treiko Active Member

better yet, if you are still trying to become an exile, just move to gorowyn and start it from there... all you have to do once you are a citizen of gorowyn all you have to do is talk to the ambassador again and he sends you to talk to a guy at the docks, BAM, exile :)
  9. Aranedhel Member

Treiko, that sounds like a plan, thank you so much for the input, I'll remember to tell the ambassador to pucker up!
  10. Deago Well-Known Member

I love Neriak. I love Haven. Neriak reminds me of some cool red light district town. Neon lights are cool. Hmph!

I will say I about rolled out of my chair laughing when you betray to Neriak you have to go steal a child. The item is literally called a human child. I was like.....come on soe lol

:D
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

What makes it even more funny is when you are doing the quest while playing a member of a diminutive race, and then you stop to consider your size in comparison with that of your "cargo"...and the absurdity of being able to hide said cargo while "shipping" it. :eek: :D

[IMG]
  12. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Eh, you can slap on six backpacks, each holding forty-odd strongboxes. I'm sure you can hide one little kid. :D
  13. Darkhorse Member

I actually did this twice this weekend, you have to talk to the city faction guy. However, it's way easier and quicker if you just change your city to Gorowyn then change factions to Exile. He sends you to talk to a boat captain then blam! you're exile. Don't bother doing Neriak, it isn't worth the trouble.