MASTER spell scroll recipe book?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by gaymer77, Feb 25, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

Where does one obtain the recipe books for MASTER spells? Specifically mage & priest MASTER spells? I know how to get the GRANDMASTER ones and expert/journeyman ones but no clue how you get MASTER books. Thanks for the help.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

Master spells are drops. There is no recipe to craft them.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

or research from an already existant expert level (costs time and / or DBC).
  4. gaymer77 Active Member

Oh no I was wanting to know where to get the spell book recipes to make them so I could make grandmaster spell scrolls for my characters. I wasn't wanting to know how to research the spells.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

Then see Meirril's response. To craft a grandmaster the dropped master version is required.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Grandmaster Spells (not to be confused with new epic spells) are crafted using a dropped master of the spell you wanted to craft along with the appropriate harvest rares and spellshard / foundation.

Say you wanted to make a grandmaster of your healer's Holy Intercession VIII
    here is a link to see the necessary ingredients:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/recipe/detail/1152653432
  7. Kethryl Active Member

If I remember correctly, it goes something like this:

- Apprentice spells == Base spell tier
    - Journeyman spells == Crafted from "Essentials" recipe books
    - Adept spells == Dropped from Treasure Chests
    - Expert spells == Crafted from "Advanced" recipe books
    - Master spells == Dropped from Exquisite chests
    - Grandmaster spells == Crafted from researched recipes
    - Ancient spells == Dropped from Exquisite chests

Hope that helps.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Master Spells can technically drop from any mob in the game. Just at very low chances for solo mobs, to quite reliable drop rates from raid bosses.

Ancient spells drop unreliably from raid bosses. Actually I think they only drop from the "boss" of the zone? Not sure about that, but definitely from named raid mobs and maybe only from upper tier raid zones as well. Also not all spells come in Ancient. I think most classes only have about 6 Ancient spells.