Master Scroll vs. Master Researched Spell

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

Hello all,
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but has anybody else noticed that a Necro's pet from a Scribed book/scroll will posess skills/spells/CAs on the same level. (i.e. a Master Pet book will render the pet's CAs as Masters)
    However, when you use a research assistant, you get a 'Master' pet, but all of their abilities are Apprentice. So I have to ask... what's the point in using 30 days to research a master pet if it isn't really a master at all?
  2. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Just checked my pet from the RA, and all its skills read master for the lvl 77 version tank pet. Not sure which pet you may be referring to, or if your bugged.
  3. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

Then I must be bugged. Because I'm lvl 80 and I used the research assistant for my scout pet for a Master.. from Expert (or adept3 for those of us still living in the past)
    However all of his combat arts are apprentice. My Mage pet is an Expert pet (ad3) and has all expert skills. My tank was an expert (ad3) then i researched him to master and his skills are still at expert.
    So I'm confused why my pet spells are not scaling appropriately.
  4. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

Ok well now my pet's spells/ca's match accordingly. I'm not really certain what that was or how it 'fixed' itself, but it has and has made a conciderable difference in the pet's dps as I suspected it would.
    Anyway, thanks for the replies.
    L8rz