Martial Leap

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Corydonn, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Corydonn Well-Known Member

I want to like this ability, I REALLY want to like this ability but I just can't. These are my reasons why.

1. You can't target fighters for the leap portion or with this ability at all. The description sounds like you'd be able to leap to a fighter and deaggro for all non fighters near them but it isn't so. The description also says something about the ability being toggled off early? Was this supposed to be a port triggered on damage to the ally? That woulda been kind of neat.

2. Hard to tell if the weapon damage bonus is really even doing anything, I like the riposte chance and the potency is alright too. So the weapon damage bonus is like +6 max damage on the weapon rating??

3. The ability has -no- effect in pvp apart from the intercede and damage, I was atleast expecting something like a no target evade for all non fighters in the area of the leap or atleast an AE taunt (Blech).

4. This isn't really relevant to Martial Leap but the cost of what you have to give up for the line is pretty demanding since Vicious Combination is probably the most fun ability to happen to the bruiser class since drag and Rock Skin being the same as it was in... That skyshrine expansion I forget the name of with the same ward amount and the slow regeneration with the huge cost to mantain it. Pretty underwhelming!
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Well I have said the same of what you give up personally for Champions Interception as a Guardian. It is an amazing Group Protection... but there is no reason to reallly leave it running for the Guardian themselves.

Martial leap I feel suffers the same. The best application for this (leaping to allied fighters and protecting them, or deaggroing non-fighter targets) Isn't there. Tanks imo need to start having skills that better mesh with each other rather than just making all tanks do everything.

Guardians: Survive very well but deal low damage. A tank the would mesh well with would be a tank who can up thier DPS or Survival even more.
    Monks: Would mesh well with Guardians or Paladins allowing thier spiritual energies to guide the protections of the others.

I mean I can keep going but this idea isn't really fleshed out I am writing it as I think of it now. I agree Martial Leap feels lackluster but it has a use... just not sure if it is worth it over the other side. Prestiege abilities should feel good for whichever side you pick, each caters to a different type of scenario to use it in.