Marr's Fist

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Crabbok, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Crabbok Member

On Varsoon, I notice that Marr's Fist has casting speed on it - a stat that brawlers don't care about. Is there any way we can fix this Signature Weapon to something more worthy of a brawler? Like Max HP, Flurry, or Multi Attack?
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

If you 'dont care' about casting speed, even a little, you're doing things wrong...
    Aethos likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Casting Speed is actually a major stat for *ALL* classes. Varsoon exists in a state of the game where you actually do need casting speed for combat arts since you get more DPS out of CAs than you ever will for auto attack.
  4. Crabbok Member

No. No piece of brawler gear in varsoon has had casting speed. Don't need my signature item to be the first. I have Chi if I want that.

Re-use isn't in large enough quantities, nor on enough brawler gear yet. I cast all of my CAs and still have "dead" time. Casting them 1.4% faster is 100% meaningless.
    ASadSin, Dude and Obano like this.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

This guy brawlers ^
    Crabbok and Dude like this.
  6. Aethos Well-Known Member

You're not wrong, but they don't want to maintain two separate databases.

What you're seeing is the result of the fact that many AAs straight up change at level 120. At 120, chi no longer does what you're describing and instead does something like 3% flurry instead. You don't see this on Varsoon because Varsoon does not go to level 120 (obviously). Another example of this is most of the class AAs that grant crit start to instead grant crit bonus, and those that grant double attack start instead granting weapon damage bonus.

To accommodate your request they would have to have different databases. Which I think would be a good idea, but they're not gonna do. This change would impact live.

Which I personally wouldn't care about - nobody on live cares about the stats of level 70 items, but point being that whatever the stat package is is going to just be a single stat package. shared by all rulesets.