Marketplace Platinum

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Peogia, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Geothe wrote:
    considering all populations but bayle and nagafen are medium and above i fail to see ur point
    every server besides those 2 are rated (light) as u can see in pic posted earlier
    hence why soe is doing this
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=488823
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Slowin Guest

lol there he/she/it goes with the screenshots again
  3. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Peogia wrote:
    Here's some logic for you. This is a screenshot at 6:46 EST today, not even primetime yet. Antonia Bayle is already red.

[IMG]

In case you don't know, primetime is when the majority of EQII players (United States players, mostly) get on. This is just before primetime, on a Monday, no less. Nagafen, Crushbone, and Antonia Bayle, typically, all become red during primetime, and a few other green servers turn yellow. If you'll notice, the EXC servers have a really low population. I'll post another screenshot at a different time here soon.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

There really isn't that much to debate here. If they sold plat on the market place so many people would leave this game it's not even funny. You want dead servers? Sell plat for SC. You'll have plat, but there won't be anything farmed in the game for you to buy it with cuz most of us will be gone.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

Elusion@Nektulos wrote:
    While I very much disagree with everything RMT related, I think your dead wrong. If people haven't left because of everything that has happened so far they wont leave until something better comes out. They could start selling gear and just as long as it wasnt quite as good as the gear you can get by playing legit then the only difference would be a few massive threads on the forums of the same people that said they are quitting last time, saying they are quitting this time. Or will be quitting "soon"

Seriously, just look around. EQ2X has launched and almost guaranteed the demise of the live servers over a long and painful process (even if its a failure, eq2live will be a failure right along with it). Its only going to get worse and yet, here are most of the same people... complaining about the same things. Its all just vapor. But again, I hate whats been done, and whats being done and I disagree with it. But to think people are actually going to leave because of it is another thing altogether.
  6. ARCHIVED-Earlhastan Guest

So this proposal would not affect other players?
    IF SOE started to sell plat on the marketplace it would have a huge impact on gameplay because all the plat I´ve worked for in the game would be worthless due to an even higher inflation. How will you react when everyone raises their prices on the broker so your bought 500 plat wont be enough for an end game master? Do you whine for a refund or even cheaper plat? Well guess what. The price will rise again. Special price for you.. cheap, cheap... Only 10k plat.
    You already have the option to play on the free server if you want to buy stuff for RL cash.
    Dont destroy my gameplay just because you dont want to put some effort into the game.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Yes, add it to the live marketplace.
    Cause, its not like more plat sales happen on live every day than on EQ2X every day anyway.
    I'm sorry, but its just LOLs that people get all up in arms about SoE funded plat sales on live when 100's of those transactions are already happening daily.
    I would much rather see SoE getting that revenue from that market and using it to fund more content vs that cash going to unscrupulous oversea's outfits and no gain is made to the game.
    Smokejumper, please just rip the bandaid off and make it all live.
  8. ARCHIVED-Earlhastan Guest

I doubt there are hundreds of those transactions you are talking about and even if they are, they are not adding money to the economy. They are just moving plat around from one account from another. Its still generated from standard gameplay in some fashion or another.
    If SOE starts to sell plat on the marketplace they are just creating new money out of thin air. That increase the total amount of plat in the economy. With more plat around, each plat is worth less.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Earlhastan wrote:
    Yes, it creates inflation, but so does the amount of plat that comes out of PR.
    However, you are currently bidding against players using their pocketbook to fund plat, the net result will not be much different.
    Personally, I think the game needs alot more platsinks that get plat out of the game, but that is really a secondary discussion.
    Also you should understand that most of the plat sold in the secondary market is farmed via bots, it isn't taken from players who 'earned it legitimately'. In some cases, it has been generated via dupes and exploits.
  10. ARCHIVED-Earlhastan Guest

Its still a small shady market. To legitimize platselling through the marketplace the influx of plat would be enourmous. Why implement a feature that would double or triple the inflation at the very least? There is already way to much plat around without any real sinkholes to drain it away.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Earlhastan wrote:
    I would bet that I could find over 30 websites selling plat in EQ2Live today.
    I don't believe that market is all that small.
  12. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

With a massive influx of plat, people will respond in part.
    Generate supply and demand will follow.
    If the broker started moving faster and items become in demand people will farm them and sell them.
    The issue is sony needs to put more plat sinks in game if they did anything like this, well, or even now we still need more plat sinks.
  13. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Yeah. there is black market plat selling.
    However, the plat which is sold is still EARNED BY IN GAME ACTIONS. Time is spent, plat is aquired. So the influx of plat is dependent on time invested.
    Plat on Station cash is zero time spent, insta-plat, which would devestate every server economy. End of Story.
  14. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Geothe wrote:
    This.
  15. ARCHIVED-Bunnie_Princess Guest

kelvmor wrote:
    this!
  16. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Everybody should stop yelling at Peogia. He/She isn't really asking for plat to be added to the marketplace out of any desire to destroy the economy or ruin anyones experience of the game. All of you should check this link out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor
  17. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

kelvmor wrote:
    [IMG]
    There is no clock or anything in your pic to at-least attempt to authenticate time and date in your pic it could of been a pic saved from years ago
    Got a fresh pic for ya i never thought i would see the day were antonia bayle was empty with out any server down time and its even a holiday to so no work what is the excuse this time?
    The hole point of a mmo is the massive player population 24/7 and i really don't see it here for the pve side its actually lighter then a 2 to 4 player ps2/ps3 game the only thing that appears alive still is (nagafen)
    Where would u get a super inflation on a game with 0 population from supply in demand? login and set an item on broker for 12,000 platinum log out and then log back in later on an alt and buy that item off broker and scream what a rip off? lol
    marketplace selling platinum would actually make the game more playable with all the outrageous npc merchant prices ect
  18. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

I would also like to add almost virtually anything and everything in game worth anything is no trade heirloom lore-equip ect and masters replaced by research assistant
    What is your real problem with soe selling platinum from marketplace?
  19. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

Peogia wrote:
    by adding money (platinum) to the ingame economy without a 1 to 1 subtraction, the value of the ingame currency decreases. one person purchasing 1000 plat will decrease the valur of everyone elses plat.
    even without selling plat on marketplace, this is an unavoidable problem over time. items and coin that drop from mobs is a steady increase which is why 100 plat launch would be like having 5000 plat now. this the reason for broker commission fees, aa reset fees, etc. the game is trying to reabsorb some coin to reduce inflation.
  20. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Take a look at World of WarCraft, if you will.

Gigantic population. Guess what? A good 80% of them aren't on at 6 A.M. Wanna know why?

80% of World of WarCraft players are based in America, and have JOBS and/or NORMAL SLEEP SCHEDULES.

I can assure you. That screen shot was taken 10/25/2010 at 6:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time. Today, maybe tomarrow, around 7-8 P.M. EST, I'll take another with the clock showing, if you absolutely need proof of the Bazaar and Vox servers' inferiority in population compared to the other servers, Crushbone, Nagafen, and Antonia Bayle in particular, and proof that most EQII players are based in America.

People gave Smokejumper hell for even putting T7-T9 ARROWS on the Marketplace. They don't want anything that isn't fluff on the Marketplace.

End. Of. Story.