Marketplace House Item Price Cuts

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ahma, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Ahma Member

Greetings Norrathians!

While making changes to housing for Game Update 66: Scars of the Awakened, we decided it was time to make some changes to housing items on the Marketplace, too. As a result, you’ll find that many items in the Housing category have gotten some hefty price cuts. This includes:
    • Building Blocks: Individual tiles and blocks now cost 10SC instead of 50SC
    • Building Blocks: Sets of 10 tiles and sets of 10 blocks now cost 80SC instead of 250SC
    • Many items in the Furniture category now cost 50% less
    • Significant price reductions on many House Pets and House Plushies
    • Items in Windows & Curtains are 50% off or more

We’ve also done some category changes to keep things neat and tidy. Some items have moved around but nothing has been removed this week.
    • Decorations is now its own category—it used to be a subcategory of Furnishings. If an item you’re looking for is no longer in the Furnishings category, it may be in Decorations.
    • Plants are now in a subcategory of Decorations.
    • Furnishings now has subcategories for beds, chairs, and tables.

We hope that these changes make it easier to use the Marketplace, and that you, the decorators, continue to amaze us with your creativity and dedication.
    Afista, Cyliena and Cuelaen like this.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

I appreciate the price cut on the building blocks :D I rarely have time to grind for city tokens, and I have a "thing" for the black marble blocks and tiles. Definitely more inline with they're worth.
    Kisy likes this.
  3. Lizabethan Active Member

Hi Ahma,

First, thank you for this. It's much appreciated, and the category changes help me out a lot when filtering through the massive amount of furniture the marketplace has to offer.

Second, a question. I know you said that "nothing has been removed this week", but summoning charms (while not furniture related, I'll give this another shot here) were around the last double SC event. Was this intentional?
  4. Buggabug Active Member

Huggles and free cookies for the folks behind this one. ;) Now where did I leave my CC..hmmm.
  5. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

This is great news! :)
  6. Ahma Member

Hi Lizabethan, I'm glad you're finding the category changes helpful! The summoning charm was removed intentionally for some maintenance. It will be back on the Marketplace fairly soon.
  7. Lizabethan Active Member

Thank you so much! I was sad to see them go as I use them frequently (*coughs* not because I fall off ledges ALL the time.. *cough*) :)
    Cyliena, Kisy and Buggabug like this.
  8. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

Is this the same reason why Qho, Nathan Ironforge, and the fortune teller are missing?

I hope they return soon.
  9. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I'm not a decorator, so this doesn't really affect me, but I think its really cool of you folks to do this. I can only imagine how pricey it must have been for them to have to pay the previous prices on the building blocks and tiles, etc. Just wanted to say good job on doing something nice for the decorators in the game:) I know I for one enjoy seeing what they create:)
  10. Voleur Member

Awesome :D The changes to the block prices are especially nice, since they fill in the gaps on what is player made or vendor purchased.
    Now can we please, pretty please, be allowed to put Marketplace items in Guild Halls? Even if only the guild leader(s) could, you'd have so many more sales. I would personally buy my guild leader station cash cards, or gift him items, if we could - and I imagine a lot of us would.
    Ridolain and Cyliena like this.
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  12. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Thank you! Between the repair item price hike and the bovoch fiasco I was starting to think someone up there had forgotten their promise at Live to start reducing prices. This is VERY appreciated!
    Ridolain and Cyliena like this.
  13. Sharann Well-Known Member

This is a very welcomed change. Thank you! :)
  14. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Very cool! Thank you!
  15. ShyMidnight Active Member

Wow - lower prices on Station Shop furnishings is very savvy in light of the new plan to let us decorate and sell homes thru' PlayerStudio! It'll make PlayerStudio homes containing Station furniture more affordable! :)

SM
  16. Ahma Member

The character replicas are a different story: they're headed for a stay in the Vault of Serilis. After this weekend they won't be available on the Marketplace except during Vault sales.

However, they are available again this weekend for 50% off! More details at Dexella's post: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...acters-headed-into-the-vault.6761/#post-66786
  17. Lament Active Member

Cos I guarantee the formula for player House Sale will be Base House Cost x2 + SC cost of all items in it...