Fixed Internally Marketplace causing crash to desktop

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rosyposy, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Tried to look at the items on sale on the Marketplace. The first crash happened when I scrolled down. The second, when I tried to look at the Preview. No warning, no error message.
  2. Khavii New Member

Same for me. Happens when I am scrolling.
    Lateana likes this.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Same. Game freezes and then just is gone. I guess we're going to miss the sale. :/
    Lateana likes this.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

Indeed it is happening here to me as well, just as described by Rosyposy. Very frustrating but I guess it makes it easier not to spend any money. (Just another thing messed up by daybreak!) I also doubt they fixed the issue my characters were having with their feet and appearance items purchased from marketplace. In particular beware the Catalytic Luminphial Attire and the like if you are a ratonga.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

If you're having this issue, just don't open the 'Sale' page - You can still see what is on sale in the other sections, but you have to actually look for what you want.

Nearly everything is on sale anyway, so just look at the other sections. The problem is that the sheer amount of items on sale overwhelms your PC when it tries to load, because the marketplace isn't coded to have pages. It simply loads EVERY item that is on sale.
    Marae likes this.
  6. Trilly Active Member

Still happening today and if they wanted you to go searching they would not have made the Sale page. I really don't want to go searching on all of the pages to see what is for sale. I might have a few things in mind, but they will lose sales as sometimes you just see something you HAVE to have and would not have necessarily gone to the page that lists it.
    Test Taffies and Manafizzle like this.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

I understand that, but that is a really base complaint considering they are working on a fix and have stated it can't be implemented until the patch this coming week at the earliest. I provided you a workaround to use in the meantime instead of simply complaining or forcing yourself to crash repeatedly in hopes you find something you want on the sale page.
    Marae and Tkia like this.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

Thank you, Taled, for your explanation. I was getting frustrated with the constant crashing, and came to the forums to see what was up. Your post told me exactly what I needed to know, so I can now go shop successfully. And it's very good to know they're working on a fix.

Regarding Trilly's complaint, I agree it's slightly inconvenient not to be able to see the sale items all in one place, but if nearly everything is on sale, it's probably more efficient to do my "window shopping" in the categories I'm most interested in anyway.
    Breanna and Taled like this.
  9. Test Taffies Active Member

Yeah, Taled, you provided a work around "if it works". But the point you are making is that we don't have the right to complain and that is where you are very wrong. Because we do have the right to complain about something that is troublesome because it could be a bigger problem overall and not known until someone mentions it.. Also by the time they patch it, the sale will be gone.

As is, it is just another typical thing, cater to the select special few.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

I never said you can't complain. What I'm saying is they've already addressed the one complaint that is repeatedly being given and stated that a fix is in the works, but it can't be done until they patch.

That is like complaining that your burger was well done instead of medium well when they've already taken the burger back and left your sides to eat while you wait for the replacement. It's not game breaking, it doesn't stop you from doing anything EXCEPT the *one* thing that causes an issue, which has a work around.

I am all for giving the devs more info if there is an issue, but you're all just making noise to make noise at this point. Vent all you want, but don't complain that the sale is ruined when you can still *easily* buy anything that is on sale.
    Xianthia and Tkia like this.
  11. Dambae Shadowfury New Member

I am crashing, as well, and did the workaround. However, the second time I crashed, I didn't even have the Marketplace open, and crashed a few seconds after closing it, while running around Freeport. Also, the lag spikes since the last patch are back to horrendous.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I only crash if I click on the 'Sale' button in Marketplace. If I look for house lights in the appropriate area, I can buy one without a crash.
    Breanna and Taled like this.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

Yep. Can't buy a thing. Can't even stay on the Sale page for long before the program crashes to desktop. So far, I've only been able to read about 6 offerings, before a crash, but it doesn't look like anything of interest, such as the Destiny of Velious crate is on sale. Shame, I wouldn't mind buying more of them.
  14. Zooeyzz Member

15. Fionnaghal McDonnaghal New Member

I was able to use the workaround and bought what I needed. Thanks!
  16. Miragian Well-Known Member

This first happened in 2018 when they put I believe 90% of the whole marketplace in the "sale" tab. Same result.
  17. Test Taffies Active Member

Riight, because finding and adding to the very things with our verbiage causes things to not be fixed.
    POINT IN CASE: This should have been fixed before the sale ended - a quick patch(well as quick as a patch ever can be)!

WHY?!

It has happened before and it is preferable that it not happen again! By those of us it occurs to whom are paying customers, who want to spend some money to help the business we like to support. Because we like it, love it find it enjoyable or fun.

But if no one complains, voices their opinion, "makes noise" as you, Taled, labeled it.

It won't get taken care of. EVER... it will continue every time there is a sale. Same crashes, won't get patched until after the sale.

I find that unacceptable!
  18. Miragian Well-Known Member

Good news, I think there is some kind of a fix that is suppose to be going in so at least it won't keep happening. Likely a case of refusing to do emergency patches short of game breaking things and this, as inconvenient as it is, isn't game breaking.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

They already stated that they were working on a fix and it would be implemented. They don't have the ability to patch on short notice unless something is so game-breaking it literally requires it, which this wasn't even *CLOSE* to being.

Continuing to complain after your issue has been addressed and a timeline for a fix is in place is literally just making noise. You aren't adding anything useful by parroting what was already said, nor in continuing to complain or stating that it has been an issue previously only means that the issue wasn't brought up or addressed the previous times it occurred.

Like I said before your most recent post, the issue is in continuing to complain, not in complaining initially. Once it's been addressed, you aren't making *any* difference in what will happen unless you can provide new information, which you did not.
  20. Test Taffies Active Member

So then why keep iterating about how you don't seem to like how I've voiced my concerns. Pssst... that too is rhetorical.
    Geroblue likes this.