map quest markers?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by dragonhonor, May 4, 2017.

1. dragonhonor New Member

just hit the 75+ zones.(Fens of Nathsar, Kunzar Jungle, and Moors of Ykesha in this case). on the map i'm no longer getting the blue/green tinted area's that let you know where to find mobs/collectibles for the quest.

curious if this is just something i will need to deal with (have eq2maps can look though the points), or this is something i have accidentally done wile playing with the game options..

thanks for your time.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Only some zones have the blue quest markets and blobs. It's nothing you've done.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

The one thing you can affect is whether or not the quests are listed in the Quest Helper window.
    If they aren't listed, either because the Quest Helper was full when you received the quests or you unchecked them in your journal then they don't show up on the map unless you check mark them in the journal. (Unchecking others if needed to make room in the Quest Helper.)
    Heijo likes this.
  4. dragonhonor New Member

yep all up to speed on the quest helper i cycle the checks for story quests unchecked em as there completed for repeatable's , then the purple ones as they disappear.. thanks fer the heads up anyhow that would have been the obvious mistake..

guess i will skip those zones working though the dungeons (keren castel, chardok) instead.. really dislike searching though map points and tracking myself there

thanks for the replies
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I really dislike not showing the blue/green quest areas on the map, also. However, I get them in Kunzar Jungle for sure - I've been running Rime faction there. For the zones that don't have them, I copy waypoints from the wiki as searching through all the points on the map is a pain. Sometimes filtering the POIs to a specific type, or putting what you are looking for into the map search box will show you what you need, also.
    Shmogre likes this.
  6. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it's something we've got to get used to. There are no blue markers in the KA maps and the Devs have said they intend to continue that going forward.
  7. dragonhonor New Member

have to say thats all together stupid.. may as well do away with the little feathers that mark where ya can find the quest givers, and the red blocks for finding completed quests too... if it was some fool idea of feel of the game. then give the option to turn them off not do away with em completely..
    Aelfan and Prissetta like this.
  8. Aelfan Active Member

I completely agree, except that I believe it is already an option. Unfortunately the people who have the time to get on to the forum and say what they think also have the time to wander around aimlessly looking for things. Thankfully some of them also then find those things and put them in EQ2maps or the wikis. Frankly any game that relies on wikis to make it playable for people with jobs and lives really should have a major rethink amongst the devs.
    Gneaux likes this.