Map for Thurgadin Grand Hall prestige house ?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If I understand the popup on exit, it says 224 items including building blocks. 180 without.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing you might do re: the overhead things turning red so you can't place them any more (or you get an annoying message in the Chat box, even though it's green, about "WHAT'RE YOU DOING?! YOU CAN'T PUT THAT THERE!!" or some such): go back to the original Old School method of placing things out of reach, before we had the in-game editing tools (Pitch, Roll, etc.) or even layout editors: Scaffolding.

Line up at least one Divider or Stair or whatever, scaled up as large as possible/needed, and tilt the thing to whatever angle you need to use it as a ramp and still be able to reach -- well, really, stand above the level you need, so that your cameraman is looking down at where you want your thing to go. I strongly recommend using Ice building blocks, since they're translucent enough to see what you're doing. :)

Uwk
    who remembers even before we had anything other than the big Room Dividers with the frames; we usually just piled up Crates and Bookcases and what-not ;->
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, that is how I did the ramps up in the Isle of Refuge prestige house. Stairs from player made, then a ramp of a tilted floor tile to reach up to the ridge.

Thurgadin, I think I have the haunted room done. Can't put much more in there. I lifted up floor tiles to make a ceiling bit I could hang things from.

Also the bits on the left and right, while you are still on the ramp; one is a bedroom for guests, and the other has some odds and sods. And I've added some chairs and tables to the Multi-crafting tool/depot room.

About 284 total items in that entire prestige hall.

If someone wants to pop buy and give it a look over, go right ahead.

The waterfall and the far area are currently incomplete, but there are items there. You can portal to either one.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"[Braver] man than I am, Gunga Din"; I won't let anyone see anything I hadn't completely finished yet (OCD Insecurity?). :-/

Of course, even after I PUBLISH stuff, I still want to be able to poke around in there, so there's very few things I could call "finished yet," unless it's maybe for someone else's place in a Swap. X-P

Uwk
    who might then get an award for a house someone else did all the work on, but I can't place it, since the house is Published (/head_desk)... X-P
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I really would like the prestige houses where my characters cannot fly, to be flyable. Or allow 6 or 8 portals, 4 pairs. 2 pairs of portals just isn't enough for large areas like Thurgadin, Felwithe, and Personal Grotto.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee, gods, yes. :-/

It should depend on the "square footage" of a place as to how many portals we need. :-/

Uwk
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

The same as the number of cubes we need. More.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How are you doing with all the squitting of the li'l metallic blobby things on the Nektulos beach? :(

Uwk
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just hear the booms off to one side.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of the meteor strikes? Yeah, it's kind of obvious that something sentient is behind them, since these target circles keep getting painted on the ground... X-P

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. Lera Well-Known Member

NOT THE OOZES! :(
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm up to 334 items in this Thurgadin Hall. I located a character with Frostfell recipes and added mint lamps, mint beds, etc. to that room.

Still haven't decided what to put in the one empty room. Maybe Scorch items ?
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Now 373 items. Nothing reused from something else.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! Very cool! :)

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Open for visitors, but its incomplete. The Frostfell and Haunted Rooms, on the left as you enter, are pretty much done.

Two areas just past the entrance, one has a sign post and says 'Guest Room'.

The first room on the right is mostly empty, and the waterfall and far areas are still a work in progress.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is your "Guest Room" anyone else's "Dungeon"? :D

'Cause that's kind of what I had in mind for another house swap for this year... X-D

Uwk
    bummed out that, once again, Public Test gets no swap love :(
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nope, the guest room was just a blank spot, no flying in there !, so a visitor has to jump and hopefully make it.

I've added a bed, other furniture, a lamp, etc.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Too bad we don't have working trampolines in-game... :D

Oh, wait! We do! The spring-loaded things! :D

No more worries about "hopefully [making] it"... ;->

Uwk
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I decided to make the first two square areas with no ceilings to be Frostfell and Frostfell 2. The second one doesn't have much in it, hopefully add more now that I have Frostfell recipes on more toons.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're cheap enough, I buy the full panoply on all my Gold account toons (when I remember... :oops:), like I do with all the holidays (when I remember... :oops:).

Granted, now that a lot of the newer recipes have been changed from things like, "All you need is these really old-fashioned types of skills and knowledges! Everyone has an equal chance to make anything! :D" to "Oh no you don't! Not so fast! That thing is made on a Woodworking Bench, so you MUST be a Carpenter to have a chance of making it, DUH! Or that other thing, on a Chemistry Table, and you're NOT an Alchemist?! Sucks to be you! >:-/" it's gotten kind of annoying. Yeah, you can Scribe anything at like pre-10th level Artisan capabilities, but try and actually make stuff with any degree of ease or speed any more... :(

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.