Map and quest help please

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hariken, May 31, 2018.

1. Hariken Member

Everytime i try to get back into the game i get frustrated trying to find my quest using the map. No other mmo has ever made me mad about this like EQ2. I have even tried the EQ2maps addon and it just makes it worse to me. I just want to find my quest locations. Sometimes a quest will get highlighted in light blue and other times nothing. What can i do here? The EQ2mapp addon shows way to much stuff and i have no idea how to set it up. I really wish they would do a map update for this game so i could really enjoy it more. I really like playing the characters i have made in this game.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

If you look up the quest in the wiki, copy the way point and paste it in your chat window after the /way command. That will take you right to the place you need.
    Saw-Lau and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Neranya Member

What I discovered is if my map doesn't have the light blue area present for my quest, I put my cursor over the text of the quest (Ex: I have to get supplies from the orcs to the northeast) and the light blue area shows up on my map.

Hope that helps.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the game. :) Not all of the quest will have the light blue area, and not all of the zones have the blue area at all. Most of the older zones will have it, but they have started to do away with that. If you can't find it on your map (have you downloaded the map from eq2interface? Very helpful) Your best bet is to go to wiki like mentioned above and get the waypoint and type it in by doing /waypoint and entering the location they give you.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If the map doesn't tell you, press J to open your Journal and look at the full description of the quest. It usually will tell you where to go.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

http://maps.eq2interface.com/ Might help you with maps, if you wish. Also I prefer the default UI but others like some of the downloadable ones. Up to you!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

For 13 years I used the default UI. About 9 months ago, I used the link on the EQ2 homepage and went to EQ2 Interface and downloaded DarqUI , I would not go back again now. Additionally, DarqUI Unified has EQ2 Maps built in.
  8. Khieran Active Member

Speaking of maps, I've also noticed that sometimes an NPC I need to find is highlighted by a blue dot on the map, but other times, not. What controls this? I am using the EQ2Maps pack
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not something that is 'controlled' by anything players do. It's 100% determined by whether or not the blue dots/areas were set up (by the devs) for that quest.
  10. Khieran Active Member

Ah, OK. Thank you!
  11. Ndiar Active Member

If I recall, sometimes you have to make sure your quest journal has the box checked for it to show up the blue helpers. You can only have so many of them checked at once.