Mantrap roots for epic quest

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Henge42, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Where are you guys finding your mantrap roots at, where's a good place to harvest?

I've harvested 1200 plain roots and only found one mantrap the other two I've found were form bushes. It's driving me insane.
  2. ARCHIVED-Quinath Guest

Jarsath Wastes, along the ridgeline between Howling Stones and Danak. There are enough nodes to pretty much chain harvest. I think i was lucky, but after harvesting 1500 roots i had 12 mantraps and my 10 smoldering (I had the roots before the smoldering.)
    Don't forget that roots also come from the bush nodes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Thanks will look there.

I currently have 23 smoldering.
    1 mantrap from roots.
    2 mantraps from bushes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Formerly Bbert Guest

also in JW in the valleys that lead out from the Skorpikus camps sokokar post. Has the added benefit of their being no mobs at all to interrupt you.. Don't forget to get the 2 bushes & root node in their camp as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Bbert@Permafrost wrote:
    Thanks, did that. Got the last 3 roots in a couple of hours.

BTW there are 3 bushes and 2 roots in and around the camp, and several more along the canyon.
  6. ARCHIVED-Feneant Guest

It took me 8 days to get the 6 roots in KP. I harvested probably 2500 items (food and roots). I can't help but feel it was just a time sink to make the epic take longer.

I also feel spited that my paladin harvested 2 mantrap roots from the first node he saw a few nights after.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

If you get a druid to port you to kunzar.. there are a TON of bushe nodes and root nodes near the rings and down toward the quachas and finally raptors. You can get around for the most part untouched.. but may run into a few fights.

Really good area though for the nodes :) I got mine all in a matter of maybe 4 hours.
  8. ARCHIVED-Formerly Bbert Guest

If your going to do your harvesting there might as well pick up the repeatable quests for quatcha hides, quatcha teeth, ape whatevers and get some faction since you will have to kill a few of them anyway
  9. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

The path leading up to the skleross encampment in JSW worked for me. You know the one with the nonaggro succulents? Inside there skleross camp, there are 5 nodes. As you leave it, stay to the right and go all way to Venril's Crown. At the crown, just as you leave the Traitor's Pass valley, there are 6 or 7 nodes. So the crown area and the camp are node heavy. On path between the two, you pick up about 8 or 9 nodes. All nodes I'm referring to are roots or shrubs. There are others, but I left them alone.
    Just running back and forth on those harvests, I had a never ending supply even with a 2.5 second gathering reduction time. It took me about 6 hours to get everything I needed. And unfortunately, the freakin' npc took all the rares. Bastage.
  10. ARCHIVED-Uzzaden Guest

I finally got all mine but I thin I spent close to 15 hours harvesting over 3 days.. I was going nuts also... it is defintly the bottleneck in the quest
  11. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

I got mine in JW, took me 2 evenings, but the last root (and last update) was taking a loooong time.
    Funny enough I heard from others that the last update took very long with them as well.

Don't forget to harvest the bushes as well, they can give mantrap roots as well.