Not A Bug Mane Color Preview for Vah Shir Lies

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I wanted to have a black mane, and that is, more or less, what the Shave And A Haircut preview displays. But when you click OK, what you get is as shown to the right, a kind of poo brown.

What you see in the preview absolutely should be what you get in-game, or else it's bait-and-switch.

[IMG]
    WhysperWynde and Juraiya like this.
  2. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Well my half elf illy has had that issue for years....she is supposed to have black hair (and did for a couple years but now it is mostly brown and actually goes blonde sometimes depending on the zone and one of my other half elfs should have reddish hair but it is more like a blonde color, definitely doesn't match preview window.
    WhysperWynde, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

While I don't have a Vah Shir at this point, like Jaeded I've seen this issue with the hair of various other races in the game. What I don't recall is if it happens more frequently with either Soga or non-Soga characters, or if it occurs more with some races than with others. I *think* it has to do with the fact that lighting in the customization screen doesn't match what's in the game. Could be wrong about that though.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Ratalthor Developer

This is not a bug, so I am going to close this thread.
    The preview window won't have the same lighting as the environment your character is in, so it may appear differently in different zones.
    Breanna and Miauler like this.