Making a Macro

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Soara2, May 3, 2019.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Felt this was needed
    Jaden and Breanna like this.
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Yeah, when see inscription "socials" somehow isn't associated that it's for "communication" with mmobss
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Interstella Member

You can create a spell macro by right-clicking the icon and choose "create macro..." Also, you can drag the spell icon into the macro window to use the same icon graphic, super handy. There are a lot of threads on macros and how they behave etc.. so good luck. Don't forget to include voice emotes in your macros for extra fun.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Kalmaraa Active Member

Making a macro is one thing, getting folks to figure it out how to use it properly.. is another.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Kalmaraa Active Member

Also upon testing this method it reminds me as to why it's not widely used, the timers make making a macro for say triggering all your buffs at the same time immpossible, as it goes through the list too quickly.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Kalmaraa Active Member

7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

why is it that some of the abilities/spells wont trigger when put in a macro?

for instance. I made 2 separate macros, each with 2 spells. One of them works fine, hit the macro, first spell triggers and instantly the next one on it's own.

the second macro. two spells. same timers. same distance requirements etc etc... Hit the macro and first spell goes off but second one...nothing....but if you double click it will trigger both.

ill try and get the exact names for them if that would help.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yeah they can be very tricky
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Yado Active Member

In the video the player placed 3 spells in it. That will not work the way it was done and it will only cast the 1st and last spell . In order to place multiple spells you need to add a /cl or /clearabilityqueue to your macro.
    so your macro will look like this
    Command /cl or
    /clearabilityqueue
    spell 1
    spell 2
    spell 3
    spell 4
    etc

now for healers who need to get your curse or cures off fast i use the following
    /cancel_spellcast
    cure

Macros are very useful tools and you can do all sorts of things with them like target a person or NPC quickly send tells or chat in any channel. they are almost limitless.
    the above macro will stop any spell you was casting like an accession spell which have long cast times and it immediately cast a cure.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Thank you! This is what I needed. Now I can fix that buff until cancelled macro!
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Pantherist Member

This isnt entirely true. It depends on cool downs etc. The order it goes, is first, last, second, third etc... and casts whatever is in that order off of recast. So... if you have insta cast with no cool down you can load those up first, and they will all cast at the same time, or even put things like "pet attack" in front of the macro so it sends the pet in while you are also casting spells.

You can even put something like "fishing" as your last command activity in a macro and it will then do them in order. Depending on your chat filters you may get spam that you cant do that or something similar. Or you can just realize that its going to cast first, last, second, third, fourth etc... and plan you macro accordingly.

Even if you dont like using macros, if you are a pet class, put "pet attack" as a command in front of every spell/CA on your hotbar and you will never have to manage your pet attacks again.
    Soara2 likes this.