Make things right again using TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Muffincookie, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Muffincookie Active Member

Most people agree that Live server has alot of issues not to mention the money is out of hand. Why can't Daybreak use a TLE server and make things right again so that we can get rid of all the misstakes that were made on LIVE that messed it up.

First problem that was made to this game imo was adding guildhalls. It made cities into a wasteland were players used to hang out and see other players running around. Why not make guildhalls into something else instead, like giving access to NPC's services in the cities so that people still go there to visit. This is an MMO we SHOULD be among other players and not in a Guildhall.
    And with the money, that has got to be a way to make that right again :(
    Anib and Fetish like this.
  2. Magdaddy Active Member

Long ago the integrity of the game took a backseat to monetizing as much stuff as possible. Unfortunately that's not really a decision left to developers from what I've seen over the years. There's probably some suit that's never played the game calling the shots on monetization. The game has a few devs that are passionate and it shows but their hands are tied on certain things (*cough* Gninja is great but trash itemization on live makes it borderline impossible for him to implement the cool ideas he has for encounter progression *cough*).
    Fetish, Arielle Nightshade and Feara like this.
  3. Malachy Well-Known Member

I have n
    It makes no sense why all guild hall amenities aren't in cities that you can access if your guild is of a certain level. If they want to make money, put amenities in player housing and make it so you can visit the published ones from anywhere, like on live servers.

Guild halls are the worst for low population and a nightmare for server mergers, they often say they won't put them in TLEs and change their minds, regret it later.
  4. Mowse Well-Known Member

“First problem that was made to this game imo was adding guildhalls. It made cities into a wasteland were players used to hang out and see other players running around.”

I never understood this complaint. Do people really hang in QH and watch people? I pay attention more to chat channel, so being in GH or QH is pretty much the same to me. That is the MMO part… the chat channels, not seeing the toons running around, My opinion
  5. axxis32 Member

oh, the guildhalls... I still remember the quest to build them. Whole servers working together ... no, they were not the problem.
    In my not at all humble opionion, it went down when they decided to go "F2P" and monetize everything! Back in the days, it was easy to get a pug or raid. Just check the chat-channels, that never changed, even with the GH's. They just lost too many players after their move to F2P
  6. Jovie Well-Known Member

The entire argument against guildhalls is false and baseless.

On varsoon, the people that you see out in the streets and at shops in the towns are 90% afk. Some of them are afk for a week at a time, never moving an inch. (i assume that many of those perma afk's have some sort of automation going to buy and sell krono)

Anyway, please don't beg for things to be taken away from other people because you want those people to be in towns.

Go make some friends, perhaps join a guild or get out of the towns and go quest.
  7. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Ah yes, guild halls are the issue on Live, not the rampant stat inflation, p2w, lack of content variety. Sure. Hate to tell you this, but it's not even RoK yet on Varsoon and the pop is already pretty spread out. Add more city hubs in expacs and it dilutes it further. Guild halls give guilds something to work towards - ask the poor bag guide quest last night who had to give out thousands of quests so people could level their guilds together. If you really start to miss AFK bodies, hang out at the hunter's NPC.
    Liberal, Aggy, Fetish and 3 others like this.
  8. Mitze Member

Fix Charm already!
  9. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I wish they would delete all the plats on live server and then use their new system of server auto-flagging plat exploits before they get out of hand.

Many players look foward to and love their guild halls. People work hard to level their guilds and grow amenities.
    We can't 'take away' all their fun because open world zones become lonely views.

However I think the Devs should add easier travel systems open world TLE when the guild halls have full easy travel.

Solo, not guilded players, new players..the TLE travel system takes to much time for them to really enjoy their game play.

And not allow ANY crafting bots what so ever!! There has to be a way they can flag auto-crafters.
    Muffincookie likes this.