Make House Items Transmutable

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Atan, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

Since Housing items are turning into such a common quest reward, can we look into making them transmutable.

I find my bags come to overfilling with these worthless items, that I personally have absolutely no use for, it would sure be nice to be able to transmute them so that those of us who don't use the housing system, or don't want that specific item, can find some other use of these quest rewards.

I would recommend a tiered approach.

Rent Status Reduction of 500+ = Fabled
    Rent Status Reduction of 300-499 = Legendary
    Rent Status Reduction of 0-299 = Treasured

With the current system, I find myself begrudgingly having to accept these items just to turn around and immediately locate them in my bags to right click and destroy. I find this only adds to my annoyance from doing the quest, and it would sure be nice if I could do something useful with these items if they were transmutable.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Odd idea here. What if there was a say... a Quest line to unlock a form of "Warehouse" where you could store all these items and if you finish the final step you are awarded a portal to your warehouse to instantly store items. You can sell items from your warehouse or from the broker thereby negating the need to take up actual bag space. You could even purchase expanders for your warehouse via SC Market much like Housing Limit Expanders.

I find Quest items to be some of the more sought after housing items and as a decorator I really hate having to hunt items down for days/weeks only to find that I have to complete yet another long quest series on an alt for the 1 item.

On a totally random note. I finished the sketch of one of my DnD Characters :D. So happy to finally get time to draw again.
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Isn't the furniture still vendorable for coin, or did they hang a no-value tag on it all recently? So it's convertible to adorning components, just with an intermediate broker step. :rolleyes:

And this would require going through all the furniture in the game and adding a "level" to it so we would know what it would transmute (or salvage) into. And then try to decide what being "a level 75 table" means...

(I'm an on-again-off-again decorator, so I keep it... pile it up in one of the free "prestige" houses until I decide to go hunting for the parts I want to use.)
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There are people out there who will buy that stuff.:p
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd much rather not get house items from adventure quests, but if we must get them, I'd prefer them be meltable into something I could actually use.
  6. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I'd actually agree with that, if only for all of the houses I go shopping in that are nothing but giant piles of random quest rewards. Have a merchant open up at the end of a questline that sells the house items, instead. That way those who want them can get them (as many as they want, rather than running quests on alts), and those who don't can go on their way.
    Deveryn likes this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They did a great thing with the revamped Freeport and Qeynos questing, where you gained access to the items after completing different parts of the signature line. Somehow, they forgot about that and offered up items in the Obol Plains furniture store that were different from the quest rewards. Now I'm left in a similar situation where more furniture is just getting piled in a house (as if I didn't have enough from trying to hoard during each event). They definitely need to simplify things for everyone, whether they want furniture or not.
  8. Thalador Active Member

Considering that 90% of the CoE sig quest is house stuff, I agree 100%
  9. Epixz Member

Gotta keep the housewife decorators interrested :D

i just wish i could sell em or mute em