Make Auto-Attack Great Again!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Talathionwins, Dec 6, 2016.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Right now already way to many stats in play and frankly autoattack gone for good. (that's from BL stand point of view). With proc's become meaningless (AFIK only Yekesha proc still worth of something) AoE become not really important stat, flurry been useless since Zeks or so, MA make sense only in contest of stat that been used to covert into Pot :) Haste? same crap - useful only for CB conversion. DPS/WDB/SWD - should be gone for good. About double cast - I think is should affect CA and primal's to some degree.
    About Resolve I have really odd feeling - I have my doubts that is good gating mechanism but surely is simplest. Saying that itemization should be adjusted correspondent because on initial step say moving from 130 to 175 resolve cause lost about 2k potency (from 13k down to 11k)
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Hell yeah man let's make Primals DC! ;)

Anyways, I dislike passive DPS but I'd rather have strong autoattack then having strong procs. Atleast then all stats would matter again instead of just packing everything under potency. Inflation of potency also ***** with class balance as it will highly favour those with the highest base dmg. There was a time where "offensive tank" didn't just mean shadowknight for example.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Do shadowknight can even go offensive?!?! I thought only zerkers can in right conditions :D. About base damage I am not sure if I agree base damage mean nothing if its on long recast w/o ability to reset. But since heaviest hitter can be set on 30s timer (for many classes not all) its really irrelevant on what timer was originally ability had matter only how hard crap hit
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Exactly. Longest cooldown on original spells and CAs are now 30sec on all classes with the runes been made standard. Only things that matter is base damage and casting time.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

But what about Acceding skills? they looks on 2.5min timer?
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

What about them? I'm talking about class specific combat arts and spells not the ascension abilities wich imo so far are crap. I'm not paying to upgrade these except for the first buff possibly. But then again I'm only ascension lvl 3 as I was late for the xpac. The casting time of these spells so far are horrendous, it takes almost as long to launch the levinbolt as it takes my BL to unleash his full primal chain. Unless you're a bard I can't see any reason to use these during an ethereal ravaging proc. Perhaps if they are master I dunno
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Btw what is better pick for BL in terms of ascending class?
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I don't know, I am only lvl 3 in ascension and I picked Etherealist because magic/arcane is widely debuffed
  9. KythosMeltdown Active Member

doesn't matter for any class. all the abilities are roughly the same with different skins / damage types, there is procs that mage damage types but it doesn't seem to really matter because most of the abilities are really bad
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I picked thaumaturgist - nox usually heavy debuffed as well
  11. Xellium Active Member

It would be nice if auto attack had some significance.
    Would actually force people to make decisions about gear and reforging.
    It would also help bards, priests and chanters contribute to group/raid dps again.

If it will continue to be trivialized please remove all of the junk melee stats from the gear.
    And please stop pretending that a lot of WDB on an item justifies having small amounts of potency on said item.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Exactly, so many stats that are useless now making itemization extremely dull.
  13. Ucarenyes Member

Remove WDB cap and make ppl choose between WDB or Pot
  14. Mickeyroon New Member

They need to give the bards some love if they're going to keep wdb capped.